SFA

floridays

I wouldn't tell him to abandon anything. That's his decision to make.
I didn't say you did or even allude to that.

If the guy took the break you suggested and went to eat with his girl and the truck was vandalized on the road while he was gone, would you bust his balls?

floridays

If he's going to have to take a break anyway...

I wouldn't tell him to abandon anything. That's his decision to make.

No problem, I love these "Maybe we can needle him with enough crap to get him caught up in a possible semantic contradiction that we can use against him later" interrogations. Had plenty of 'em way back when.
No semantics were involved in my questions, they were very straight forward and you chose the dodge.

I'm up for a story (stories) let's hear some way back when's.

floridays

No problem, I love these "Maybe we can needle him with enough crap to get him caught up in a possible semantic contradiction that we can use against him later" interrogations. Had plenty of 'em way back when.
You weren't needled.
No needling needed, no possible contradictions to use at a later date. You would fold like a cheap tent.

floridays

I can't help but notice someone deleted their post defending their suggestion a courier lie about having an accident. Wonder why?
No idea, I missed it. Ask the source.

@59 Dano, weese, that would, be meese and falcon back is roundin up a posse to find a deletin post scoundrel, Isa askin if youd like to join up with ussin's to bring the varmint to justice.

The full faith and credit of feral express may be needed to git us outta jail hafer we hang tha bastard and have a trial. Yous up fer it?

regards
floridays and falcoon back

dezguy

And the employee has the option of not taking the break in that situation regardless.
LoL

So why even "suggest it"?

The manager knew damn well what he was doing and didn't care I was on the side of a highway where anything from getting hit by another vehicle, while parked to being robbed by someone seeing an opportunity, could have happened. If anything had happened, it would have been thrown back on me because I was off the clock.

The manager only cared about his precious numbers and not about the employee who was stranded in a dangerous situation.

!Retired!

I didn't say you did or even allude to that.

If the guy took the break you asked and went to eat with his girl and the truck was vandalized on the road while he was gone, would you bust his balls?
I fixed it for you
I'd expect a break violation that day and never say a word to the guy.
That's why you're not a manager. If a manager 'expected' a break violation, he/she would have to explain it their boss, who would then have to explain it to their boss. Break violations are not taken lightly

Nolimitz

I fixed it for you

That's why you're not a manager. If a manager 'expected' a break violation, he/she would have to explain it their boss, who would then have to explain it to their boss. Break violations are not taken lightly
I've had several break violations, if you have a reasonable explanation, it is not a big deal. My senior has always had my back. Op's managers not so much.

I love having gone PT working Tues-Thursday on a 4-10 headed to retirement (1st week of dec), Our Senior is a godsend. Starting to forget what day of the week it is. No I am not Oldfart or Falconback working am FO

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The manager knew damn well what he was doing and didn't care I was on the side of a highway where anything from getting hit by another vehicle, while parked to being robbed by someone seeing an opportunity, could have happened. If anything had happened, it would have been thrown back on me because I was off the clock.

The manager only cared about his precious numbers and not about the employee who was stranded in a dangerous situation.
What does that have to do with me?

Some of you whine bags act like it's my fault you have bad experiences with others.

59 Dano

My first SFA, one of the topics of discussion amounted to "Things are a big deal, then they aren't, then they are again." It mostly dealt with hour breaks, but a couple of other things as well. I (and others) had been, I thought, very cooperative in accommodating employee requests (as well as taking lumps from my senior for doing so) and figured it would please everyone. Some people took advantage of it and the overall image it presented was that rules don't matter because we're perceived as making frequent exceptions to them.

It was a lesson learned the hard way and from that point forward I had to buckle down and make fewer and fewer exceptions. It kind of sucked to tell people that they don't get an exception but that's what you get when you say you don't respect the rules because exceptions are made.

yadig

Haven’t taken the sfa in years, its a joke nothing ever changes. It will take voting yes to make necessary changes, just ask the pilot’s. Who gives a damn bout brake violations? I take one if I have time and when it’s convenient for me to do so! Grow some peaches!

59 Dano

Says the guy who likes to throw his two cents in like he knows everything and was there for every situation.
I'm sorry, where did I act like I was there for anyone's situation?

As far as my two cents goes, I offer my take on something and some people get all bent out of shape and take it personally because I don't see things the way they demand. Someone asks what I would do in a certain situation, I tell them, they don't like it, they get all worked up over it and insist on making mountains out of molehills. Some people drag my name into situations that don't involve me.

I could say the sky is blue and grass is green and there are a half dozen here who would argue about it.

That aside, is this place a forum for debate or a circle jerk pity party?

dezguy

I'm sorry, where did I act like I was there for anyone's situation?

As far as my two cents goes, I offer my take on something and some people get all bent out of shape and take it personally because I don't see things the way they demand. Someone asks what I would do in a certain situation, I tell them, they don't like it, they get all worked up over it and insist on making mountains out of molehills. Some people drag my name into situations that don't involve me.

I could say the sky is blue and grass is green and there are a half dozen here who would argue about it.

That aside, is this place a forum for debate or a circle jerk pity party?
LoL

Every time you comment, even when you haven't been mentioned, you're immediately on the offensive. Then, when you are responded to, you break out the whole everyone attacks me so I give it back excuse.

You ask whether this is a place for debate or a circle jerk pity party when there is rarely debate from you end, just thinly veiled, back handed remarks. You claim you are in some position of authority, within the company yet you throw your two cents in at every opportunity, making yourself out to look like a grade school kid, especially if anyone dares say anything about management.

You could say the sky was blue and you would have a half dozen people argue with you about it and then play the victim when you respond to them or egg them on.

This place is ridiculous, yet you keep posting and getting bent out of shape when responded to. If this place is so ridiculous and a big circle jerk, pity party, why waste your valuable time? I know I have cut back on my time on here because this place has become a constant argument about the right or left.

Aquaman

LoL

Every time you comment, even when you haven't been mentioned, you're immediately on the offensive. Then, when you are responded to, you break out the whole everyone attacks me so I give it back excuse.

You ask whether this is a place for debate or a circle jerk pity party when there is rarely debate from you end, just thinly veiled, back handed remarks. You claim you are in some position of authority, within the company yet you throw your two cents in at every opportunity, making yourself out to look like a grade school kid, especially if anyone dares say anything about management.

You could say the sky was blue and you would have a half dozen people argue with you about it and then play the victim when you respond to them or egg them on.

This place is ridiculous, yet you keep posting and getting bent out of shape when responded to. If this place is so ridiculous and a big circle jerk, pity party, why waste your valuable time? I know I have cut back on my time on here because this place has become a constant argument about the right or left.
The company is at war with hourlies. He’s not hourly. What do you expect?