Shady Delivery or Employee of the Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re-Raise

Obviously not a thief , he would have expected a tracer for non delivery and would have just pretended he left it on your porch. Your call changed nothing.
I also wouldn't go as far as calling him employee of the month. He went to the wrong house the first time. He was just fixing a mistake he shouldn't have made in the first place.

Marne Vet

The absurdity of the guards using a metal detecting wand on us, and searching our bags like we've stolen something every night is ridiculous. 1) I wouldn't steal something that would cost me such a great job, and 2) If I was gonna steal something I would drop it off at home BEFORE coming in at the end of the night. The guards in the guard shacks are practically useless.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thanks guys, well, time to man up, admit I misjudged, and get the guy something to say "Sorry".
Not saying it's never happened but they pay us well enough to buy anything we might steal. Especially a vaccum. It's not worth losing a job over.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
For 600 bucks it better suck more than just dirt.
It's funny my parents bought a dyson about a a year ago and just got done remodeling their home. Flooring company recommended no dyson because it sucks the fibers out of the carpet.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I had an experience with a delivery, and I am left unsure if the UPS driver is a thief or deserves employee of the month. I hope these forums, and the experience of doing the job hands on can help. I don't want to be the guy causing someone trouble over a good deed.

On to the details:
I'm expecting delivery of a vacuum. Around 5:50pm, the computer status lets us know the package was delivered and left on the porch. Funny thing, we're sitting by the porch, and no brown truck has been around. We look around the house, we check with the neighbors. Nothing, no package.

Ok, we call UPS who put us through to something called "Investigations". I immediately think something shady is going on and say I think my package is going to be stolen via the "We left it on the porch, we swear, who knows what happened to it" route.

They promise to have someone call me back within an hour. I get a call around 7:15pm , to tell me that "Yea, it was the only delivery on your street, we don't know what happened, but the driver already left, we'll call you back tomorrow." I tell the guy that I think his delivery guy is a thief.
If you don't work at UPS, you wouldn't have the faintest idea. Faintest idea of getting whooped like a dog everyday. You got the vacuum, you couldn't leave it at that. Instead you wanted to act like an idiot and come on here and rant and rave about it. Like really dude stuff happens get over it. At least you got it from that driver. He made the extra effort to get it to you, no matter what happened. You could of had a horrible driver who didn't care and got it the next day. That's the reality of it.
At 7:45pm, the vacuum is delivered by the driver in his personal car. Wife says he said "Sorry" and left. Guy from office calls back saying "He didn't want to leave the package in the rain, he went out of his way to get it to you, Sorry for the misunderstanding."

Per Google, its a 20-25 minute drive from that local UPS place to my place. Which means that my package had to be "found" pretty immediately after that 7:15pm call. Why was it marked delivered if the guy didn't want to leave it in the rain? I can tell you for certain the guy was never anywhere near my driveway around the time of the supposed "left it on your porch" delivery. The vacuum in question was one of those douchy $600 dyson ones, and it came in a box that made it obvious, so I figured it would be worth at least $100 at a pawn shop.

Is this a common mistake or guys covering their a** after I made some noise? Do I owe the guy an apology and a gift basket or was this a shady delivery?

Thanks for your replies!

'Lord Brown's bidding'

If I may say:

Well done, BC. No snarky comments, no snapping at the customer for invading our private venting sanctuary. It may not mean anything, but I am proud of you guys right now!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If I may say:

Well done, BC. No snarky comments, no snapping at the customer for invading our private venting sanctuary. It may not mean anything, but I am proud of you guys right now!
Well, to be fair, the OP deserves the credit for a well thought out, articulate post that was easy to read because it contained paragraphs. If it were a raging wall of text complaining about where the friend is my package....the snarkiness is well deserved. JMHO

Avalon

Avalon
Thanks guys, well, time to man up, admit I misjudged, and get the guy something to say "Sorry".

Better not get him something too good, or all of your packages will be delivered late at night, by the driver in his personal car.

Sent using BrownCafe App

HomeDelivery

slightly offtopic

when i got home, a white usps box was at the door

misdelivered by the postman!

knew the recipient (volunteer firefighter) and it was his LED light bar set for his vehicle...

instead of calling the postal office, i just drove around to drop it off

house numbers were similar but recipient had a 3 digit # (i only had 2)

it would have been hard to remember where he/she dropped it off...

i just did it because doing DFUs sucks!

-----------------------------------
recipient said "i thought my stuff was being delivered by USPS..."

nah, it's "reverse-smartpost" day & we have the option of using our own personal vehicles to deliver the small stuff ~ aka Lasership

Status
Not open for further replies.