Shattiest Package To Deliver

Shattiest packages to deliver

• Walmart Boxes (usually dog food but any box counts)

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Sams Club

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trampoline

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Generator

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Mattress

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Meloluca I think that's the spelling
Predominantly went to our Spanish customers 49.95 cash only
They all ended up NM3

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Trampolines... those boxes are always splitting open and losing parts before it even gets into my package car.

It's also a pita to tape up.

And sometimes awkward for the hand cart

Edit: doh, just backtracked to page one to see the similar view...

Someone else said rugs... not really that bad to carry:

trevor_carpet.png

Unless you're tripping over them all day long in the middle aisle of the package car

Last edited:

detmaintainer

Detroit Maintenance Rat
This morning there was an improperly sealed Cologuard box that must have sat in a package car all weekend. The instructions with those things say to dump a full load into them. Well this guy really delivered. It stunk that package car up so bad they threw the box out. It still smelled horrible. As soon as the Porter got in they had him deodorize the car.

JJinVA

This morning there was an improperly sealed Cologuard box that must have sat in a package car all weekend. The instructions with those things say to dump a full load into them. Well this guy really delivered. It stunk that package car up so bad they threw the box out. It still smelled horrible. As soon as the Porter got in they had him deodorize the car.

When I was working unload, some genius tried to ship a bunch of beef to someone in a regular old Igloo cooler. Peak summer. Probably used a fistful of ice cubes because the entire trailer smelled like death when the door rolled open. So who does management send in to unload it?! ME, of course.

The truck was stacked like hell and everytime I took a box out a wall came crashing down. By the 5th wall, one of the items that came crashing down was, you guessed it, the Igloo cooler with rotting meat. No lock, no tape to keep it closed. just a regular old Igloo cooler. Hits the floor, meat blood spills out everywhere. Odor is so rancid that girl scanning starts gagging and had to leave the area. lol

OrioN

giphy.gif

Yeah, that rotting food won't even be loaded to the final delivery.

Summer is coming and customers better wise up and not order perishables online & goto the store.

Omaha steaks in dry ice have a better chance than those hello fresh/blue apron cardboard boxes with thin soft cooler liners

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
50lb box of sugar from Sam's club. Packed like crap (per usual) go to pick it up to deliver to a business and now there's 40lbs of sugar all over my truck. Eat a bag of richards whomever packed that and paper. I loathe boxes of paper.

Kitty litter in Amazon boxes with the tape barely hanging on. Most of my resi stops have iron fences with locked gates. I put the box over the top and try to grab it between the slots. Half the time it just tumbles and hits the ground bursting open.

JJinVA

Kitty litter in Amazon boxes with the tape barely hanging on. Most of my resi stops have iron fences with locked gates. I put the box over the top and try to grab it between the slots. Half the time it just tumbles and hits the ground bursting open.

Amazon and Walmart both have tape that's more like an ace bandage than it is tape. They must really like all those insurance claims...

OrioN

I think when that dispenser is low on water and that doesn't activate the glue on it... I get quite a few of those as well

Edit:

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
I think when that dispenser is low on water and that doesn't activate the glue on it... I get quite a few of those as well

Edit:
Once it gets to like 10 below that tape lets loose and is worthless. I shouldn't even be sold in cold climates.

tarbar66

Fox urine for a hunter which, of course, leaked.
The smell of fox urine in the summer always would give me a migraine. Even triple bagging it in the plastic small sort bags before forever bags didn’t work. When our center got the bubble top Econolines I would put the package in the engine compartment, stink problem solved. When I would open the hood to make the delivery the customer said WTH, I told him try breathing that stench for 5 or 6 hours.

JJinVA

I had a box of HelloFresh go bad on me the other day. 92 degrees outside and of course it was my last delivery. But when I had 15 stops left I noticed a "juice like liquid" on the shelf accompanied by a god awful smell. Triple bagged it in DR bags after sheeting it as damaged and could still smell it. Must have been some meat. They need to step up their packaging game like Omaha Steaks