Sheet!!!

john346

No more Brown!
Well here we go again, summertime blues. The endless time lost trying to find space #? for some snowbirds in an RV park, or the other big hit, lost time waiting in a road construction line.
Starting today, I'm looking at a 19 mile long project, where I have to connect with my load 12 miles into it. The word on the street as it is, suggests 15 to 30 minute delays each way. Oh boy, am I excited! Anyhow, to the point, any out there on how to sheet these? I'm still DIAD III, but think the software is the same to the IV model. Fish around as hard as I can, I don't see any option that jumps out at me. :biting:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
In other work, page 1 or page 2 I believe you will find what you need. I think there is rd construction if not I know there is accident. Not sure if you want to use accident though, it might flag a report or some other nonsense. Maybe break down on rd would work.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Why not? If I was sitting in construction for 15/30 mins twice a day I wouldn't want that time counted against me.

Because it's not your job, unless a supervisor wants it done. There is no honest way to code out driving as other work. Maybe you could code out some time as training. But don't do that without being instructed to. I've been over 2.5 hrs. delayed getting back to the building before and didn't code time out. Why do you care?

over9five

Staff member
There is no reason to code off 'sitting in traffic' time. Unless a supervisor tells you to do this, you will show up in some report and it will look like you're stealing time.

Not picking on Dilli, but you guys have to lose the mindset that you "wouldn't want that time counted against me." That time is on the clock, and counts for you....in your paycheck.

You may *think* you're doing yourself a favour by coding it off, but unless you've been told to, you are appearing dishonest.

When they ask why you're paid over 40 minutes, you tell them you sat in traffic 40 minutes. Always be honest.

john346

No more Brown!
Ok then. Although it's not the time counting against me, that I was trying to avoid, it was the WOR being way over allowed without any explination as to why that I was attempting to avoid.
Thanks

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Because it's not your job, unless a supervisor wants it done. There is no honest way to code out driving as other work. Maybe you could code out some time as training. But don't do that without being instructed to. I've been over 2.5 hrs. delayed getting back to the building before and didn't code time out. Why do you care?
I didn't start this thread i was just responding with my opinion.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Yeah, he can be freaking cranky all he wants. I know where the ignore button is.
I find it frustrating sitting in traffic, too. My old steward used to note any problems, such as traffic delays or even waiting in line for the bathroom, in the next stop. IE: under the consignee space on the main screen she would note any problem. It's a sad state of affairs that we have to do things like this to cover our a$$e$.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
When asked, tell them. Unless asked, you dont have a issue. If you put things into your diad without instructions from your sup, it can be construed as a possible dishonesty, and that WILL get you in deep crap a whole lot faster than just being overallowed.

Please understand something. Being over allowed is just that, you are taking more time to do the job than some pencil pusher thinks you ought to take.

Some days I would beat the pants off the standard, other days, not so much, and still other days, it would beat me.

You know what? I got paid the same rate by the hour regardless of which it was. I really never paid any attention to it. You know when you have done the best job, and when you didnt. The numbers game is just that, a way to know personally how you did in comparison to other days. Nothing more, nothing less.

You can control many things on road. And when you cant, set the brake, cut off the engine (if it is a long wait) and get paid by the hour. UPS will understand.:laughing:

d

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Ok then. Although it's not the time counting against me, that I was trying to avoid, it was the WOR being way over allowed without any explination as to why that I was attempting to avoid.
Thanks
The WOR is always fair. Its all built in to the Plan. Your allowance is carefully calculated to make sure that any delays you encounter are factored into the dispatch. And the check is in the mail...and I love you...and I will still respect you in the morning.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The beauty of the new GPS system is that you can actually show your management where you were stuck in traffic and for how long.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
i AGREE WITH ALL THE ANSWERS HERE .PUT THE BALL IN THEIR COURT .TELL THEM THIS WILL BE AN ON GOING PROBLEM AND IM SURE THERE IS NOT ALT RTE OR IF THERE IS ITS PROBALY WORSE THAN THE MAIN RD. DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF IT'S THEIR COST OF DOING BUSINESS BUT ABSOLUTLEY REMIND THEM EVERYDAY THERE COULD BE LATE AIR TO COVER YOUR ARSE GOOD LUCK

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Cove, look in both the lower left and right hand corners of the keyboard on your computer. You will see a "Shift" key. This is used to alternate between upper and lower case letters, thus making what you type easier for others to read.