Sheeting as EC instead of Missed

mjjlohn

It is their call, if they tell us on the diad to ec what you have to, to get in..............why would I argue. Its cold, I am out of time, they know when they send us out on the catch up side, with more than at Christmas when we had a helper, they set us up to fail. I actually said I would rather stay out and clean it up, and thats what they tell us. Their company, their reputation, their cost, not mine.
I honestly dont care enough to fight them. I am willing to do my best, but I am not arguing when its miserable out, and my roads are never clear til its 40 and sunny for a few days.

Sorry this bugs me. Deliver the stuff or sheet it missed. You are part of the company, the reputation, and it's on your time when it's in your truck. Rationalizing it to make yourself feel better doesn't make it any less dishonest.

mjjlohn

All I can say is that attitude shows a disturbing lack of personal responsibility, and pride in what you do. I pity you. Perhaps you're better suited to management.

mjjlohn

You don't know what personal responsibility is? Do you? Like talking to a wall, you are perfect management material, hah

rod

Retired 22 years
Unfortunately it is NOT "your" company. It is "their" company and according to the International Brotherhood of Teamsters they have every right in the world to run it into the ground with bad business decisions. You know its wrong---they know its wrong--- but it is their final decision to swindle the customers if they want to.

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
We were delivering airs late for most of January. We were instructed to not break trace, deliver airs on route, sheet as EC, (there was no Emergency Conditions). I worked as instructed, collected my check on Friday, paid my bills on Saturday, took my wife out for dinner Sat night. Monday it all starts again, if they tell me to shovel manure, I'm grabbing a shovel.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We were delivering airs late for most of January. We were instructed to not break trace, deliver airs on route, sheet as EC, (there was no Emergency Conditions). I worked as instructed, collected my check on Friday, paid my bills on Saturday, took my wife out for dinner Sat night. Monday it all starts again, if they tell me to shovel manure, I'm grabbing a shovel.

There is no "Emergency Conditions" exception code for air that is delivered late. I have to assume that they told you to use "x" which is their "catch all" exception code and does not allow the customer to request a refund.

It really doesn't matter what exception code the driver chooses as all of the late air has already been exception scanned prior to being put out for delivery.

upschuck

There is no "Emergency Conditions" exception code for air that is delivered late. I have to assume that they told you to use "x" which is their "catch all" exception code and does not allow the customer to request a refund.
I thought 'x' meant "oops, we screwed up". That is what we put in year round.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Sorry this bugs me. Deliver the stuff or sheet it missed. You are part of the company, the reputation, and it's on your time when it's in your truck. Rationalizing it to make yourself feel better doesn't make it any less dishonest.
As I said, I asked can I please stay out and clean up. Their answer was what part do you not understand, make your pick ups and come in. Sheet the rest as ec. I do not feel it is my place to argue. They pay me, I do what they tell me. I am not dishonest, they make the call how to run their company, and they do not ask for input. When I tried, it did not work. You may have gonads that clank when you walk, but as for me, I dont, and if they tell me to be dishonest, they tell me to make them dishonest, its not me.

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
It's not right for anyone to call another dishonest for working as directed, that's absurd! We are all out there humping pkgs the best we can. And if someone does have gonads that clank that doesn't mean they have the common sense to follow directions. You don't last long in Brown thinking it's "your" company and your going to overide supes directives. Keep up the good work Toonertoo!

govols019

You smell that?

It really doesn't matter what exception code the driver chooses as all of the late air has already been exception scanned prior to being put out for delivery.

We don't use X-other for late air. We use Weather as reason. I dont remember the exact wording in the DIAD.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As I said, it doesn't matter what we as drivers put in to the DIAD as the plane has already been exception scanned long before the air is put out for delivery.

govols019

You smell that?
You don't know what personal responsibility is? Do you? Like talking to a wall, you are perfect management material, hah

That doesn't even make sense. Working as directed makes someone management material? I just thought breathing was the major requirement.