Sheeting commercial stop NI between 1200-1300.

Z

ZQXC

I agree that having us void and resheet NR1's that were recorded between noon and 1 is asinine but this is a battle that IMO is not worth fighting. I simply record the call tags and complete and either come back later that afternoon or the following day to pickup the packages.

... and that is wrong and you're smart enough to know it.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
They get worked up over the 12 to 1 thing. You can bring a COD into a business that is open during the noon hour, talk to the owner, sheet it NM 1 because he doesn't have a check, and they still want you to void it and re sheet it after 1.

My understanding is that you can sheet NM#, refused, or non delivery other than CL#, NI#.
I have sheeted no money and refused between 12 and 1 and not have had an issue. I have sheeted a call tag to a business and been told to void and redo

oldngray

nowhere special
I thought it was stupid to have to also indicate whether a NI1 stop was business or residential. Same for CLO1. The system should automatically flag CLO as business and NI as residential. And NI should never be used for a business stop anyway.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
NA (no adult) works during 12-1 but the situation has to be appropriate to use it. Like i've gone to a business wandered around inside and it was open but no adults were present

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

NA (no adult) works during 12-1 but the situation has to be appropriate to use it. Like i've gone to a business wandered around inside and it was open but no adults were present. Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

....and people think I play fast and loose with the rules.....?

QKRSTKR

Wow, tonight I think instead of pulling 2 trailers to my TA, I'll just pull one and tell the IVIS I have both. We ll see how that goes over. Because in my mind it's the same as completing a call tag stop without the package. I'm telling the DIAD I have it, even though I don't, hee , hee hee.

The only time it's acceptable to leave a call tag is if it's a RS1

jaker

trolling
I will not void out a stop , I will correct it later with another scan but won't void it

I did it one day because they told me to the next day I got pulled into the office with a steward ( which means serious ) they ask why I was falsifying stops i told them them that the OMS said do it . He told me to get out of the office

Last edited:

beentheredonethat

The idea of not using CLO1 from 12-1 made sense a while ago. Now, there are very few customers who close up during those hours. For those that do, we should not deliver for a known closed during that time period. However, to a large extent, what was described as far as NM1, NR1 for call tags etc doesn't make any sense. That's when we manage to a number vs manage to what makes sense and what is right to do.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I use void like 5-6 times a day, never had a word said to me
Use it when I sheet a ni and they decide to answer the door when I am halfway down the walkway back to the truck