sheeting in packages before commit-time

govols019

You smell that?
OMS messages cause me to screw up a stop just about every day. It's getting out of hand. They haven't caused me to have late air yet but it's just annoying to be approaching a house and right when I'm about to start DRing the package a message pops up. It's also annoying when I'm about to start the signature process and the customer has to wait on me to respond to the message. They get annoyed too if they are in the middle of a phone call dealing with their own customers and have put them on hold to sign for the package.

You don't have to answer the message in the middle of a stop.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
This is how we were "Instructed" to do it when we have to many nda, which is almost everyday.
I would say I do it four days out of five. But as I said we were "Instructed" to do it with about 40 witnesses.

All it takes is one customer to call and complain that their pkg was not in their hand by the commit time and your job is toast. You might have been 'instructed' to do it that way and you might eventually get your job back, but how long will it take? Do you really want to take that chance? Does your integrity not mean anything to you? I don't give a rats fuzzy :censored2: what mgt says is ok, I know it's not.

Are you delivering ground while you del. air? If yes, then you need to break from ground earlier to get your commits done.

If I sheet a NDA at 5 min before commit time but I am still 10 mins away then my air is LATE. The only thing that is accomplished by sheeting a commit before the commit time is it looks good on paper. It doesn't provide service to our customers. And above all we are here to provide a service to our customers.

Overpaid Union Thug

You don't have to answer the message in the middle of a stop.

It depends on how your center has their settings for the messages. Ours has it fixed so that certain messages have to be answered immediately and for some we just see the green light until we complete the stop. We've all complained about the first one. The office people refuse to change it.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
scan and comp stop at the stop no one will back you if you get caught fudging it orflagging it[sign cust name] if air is late cuz you were over dispatched that is there problem,no one gets fired for being honest,, lg bulk stop get nda signed for first stp comp. then dup stop for rest of the pkgs it's not a cure for cancer,just pkgs keep the arrow off your backs!!!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
It depends on how your center has their settings for the messages. Ours has it fixed so that certain messages have to be answered immediately and for some we just see the green light until we complete the stop. We've all complained about the first one. The office people refuse to change it.

Our ctr does the 'response required' crap all the time. They always send them at the worst times. :angry: