Shipper can't have it both ways at ground/HD ...

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
sketch-1555062298759.png

Meds for the elderly at my gated community... they're either at the community center playing bingo or line dancing or at the shuffle board deck or walking their ankle biters or fishing at the lake with grand kids.

I called a few times with my flip phone to the customer to confirm if it's ok to leave it & in 3 cases so far no complaints or disputes.

So I sign with my own name and in stop comments, "shipper release approved at first attempt"

Told management that this don't make sense to have to put a DSR on these much needed meds. Heck, they should've used express if they want faster service!

I shall see if management will follow up on it and have amended this certain situation next week... stay tuned

Edit... look at the top left of the sticker! "EXPRESS" someone dropped the ball at that meds company

Last edited:

bacha29

It's an impossible situation O. Most importantly, it's a management created problem that requires a management created solution.

OrioN

It's an impossible situation O. Most importantly, it's a management created problem that requires a management created solution.

Nope, shipper dropped the ball.

They're in the same state so I guess we're as fast as express in this case

Calling the customer to confirm release and signing my own name to cya was ok'ed to do since they got the meds on the first attempt.

I didn't falsify the customer name & that won't get me in hot water/terminated

MAKAVELI

Nope, shipper dropped the ball.

They're in the same state so I guess we're as fast as express in this case

Calling the customer to confirm release and signing my own name to cya was ok'ed to do since they got the meds on the first attempt.

I didn't falsify the customer name & that won't get me in hot water/terminated
Signing for a DSR is falsification. If the del was disputed, you could be disqualified. Always CYA and follow the Astra label, not a sticker.

Last edited:

Star B

White Lightening
But then....
what about BuildDirect and their **** OK TO RELEASE **** samples...... Microsoft/Bouqs/Whatever flower company and their "RLS NUMBER" stickers especially now that "International can be resi-released" (only seen about 5 out of 50 shipments that automatically work)?

MAKAVELI

But then....
what about BuildDirect and their **** OK TO RELEASE **** samples...... Microsoft/Bouqs/Whatever flower company and their "RLS NUMBER" stickers especially now that "International can be resi-released" (only seen about 5 out of 50 shipments that automatically work)?
I don't release BuildDirect but Bouqs I do with their release number.

OrioN

Signing for a DSR is falsification. If the del was disputed, you could be disqualified. Always CYA and follow the Astra label, not sticker.
Yay, Amazon here I come!

But, this is ground/HD folks, where I see cases of wine out in plain view at the side door or garage/drive way

Star B

White Lightening
You do realize the shipper is the only one who can authorize a release of a DSR, right?
well, they kind of did when they stuck the sticker on there saying "UNDER ALL CONDITIONS ON FIRST ATTEMPT OK FOR RLS"................ you know?

Pretty specific stating that "First attempt, ok for rls."

MAKAVELI

well, they kind of did when they stuck the sticker on there saying "UNDER ALL CONDITIONS ON FIRST ATTEMPT OK FOR RLS"................ you know?

Pretty specific stating that "First attempt, ok for rls."
They also kind of required a recipient signature.

OrioN

No problem folks, I'll see if it's resolved next week

Will OrioN be dairy queen'ed

Or

Will management use common sense and have shipper release op-201 on file for future meds releases whiff no signature needed?