Shipper can't have it both ways at ground/HD ...

dezguy

well, they kind of did when they stuck the sticker on there saying "UNDER ALL CONDITIONS ON FIRST ATTEMPT OK FOR RLS"................ you know?

Pretty specific stating that "First attempt, ok for rls."
What if they're reusing an old box?

Sure, you could say that the release on the first attempt sticker was right there and they should have seen it but anyone who has been around for any amount of time has seen instances of customers being as sharp as a bowl of mashed potatoes.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
So why do you stay?

Stress free service area. No complaints, just compliments from the customers I service for close to 4 years now.

Take the vehicle straight home, 60 miles/day on my commuter vehicle if I have to head back to terminal every night

This paycheck just cover the property tax on the home, so no biggie if I do the same at Amazon DSPs or flex

Management leave me alone unless it's a capacity issue. Already had a few days when I have to leave some iCs behind because I'm bricked out. Our team finally have a few spare drivers for this situation

That's about it

Star B

White Lightening
What if they're reusing an old box?

Typically pill shippers don't reuse boxes to end customers.... and if you know your customers you will know who gets their monthly box of meds. Now, MOST of them are at home waiting for you, but I would call this a "courier judgement call" as the instructions are conflicting from the shipper.

To each their own, however.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Corporate stance is not to override the barcode.
Anything other than a signature in this case is grounds for dismissal.

Is it worth it to lose your job? Only you know the answer to that.

Bingo

At Express nothing over rides a DSR unless you get a control number which is given through a CSA. However a ISR such as Builders Direct which actually has a ok to release on the shipping label can be released on the prompt of shippers release where you can put their number if you have it or just putting Builders Direct in lieu of the number

OrioN

Yeah, express couriers have to follow company policy... I'm a friggin vendor for ground/HD, so we're kinda "independent" on how we run our own company:p

No big loss if they lemme go, we're ALL replaceable

TUT

I'm going to ask my rep about this one, to see what they find out. Do you think that sticker is put on at the shippers level or by the station after? Either way it seems their automation should be changed for this to make sense.

OrioN

Update, I was correct... shipper error.

The warehouse worker thot ALL of FedEx are the same company, LoL

This meds company wants HD to deliver it because our network is just as fast as express, butt cheaper!

DSC_0090.JPG

That pops up now for this particular account. No signature required.

My terminal management are awesome sauce!

MAKAVELI

Update, I was correct... shipper error.

The warehouse worker thot ALL of FedEx are the same company, LoL

This meds company wants HD to deliver it because our network is just as fast as express, butt cheaper!

View attachment 244598

That pops up now for this particular account. No signature required.

My terminal management are awesome sauce!
Your network is not as fast as Express. Don't know where you got that from. Most likely their distribution center probably is close to you regionally and chose the cheapest service.

OrioN

Yeah, they're in the same state. So instead of going to the airport, they have a ground driver pick them up, and it hop scotches to my terminal in 1 day

It will be fine

Your network is not as fast as Express. Don't know where you got that from. Most likely their distribution center probably is close to you regionally and chose the cheapest service.
Ground has plenty of overnight commit dates. The vast majority of ground shipments are delivered within 3 days. Depending on locations the ground network is as fast as express.

MAKAVELI

Ground has plenty of overnight commit dates. The vast majority of ground shipments are delivered within 3 days. Depending on locations the ground network is as fast as express.
When you have to depend on location, it's not as fast as Express. That's exactly why Express was built for in the first place.

Star B

White Lightening
Express was also built in a time where the internet didn't exist, faxes didn't exist, the post office was unreliable with packages, and the telephone was expensive.

Times have changed... Ground *can be* as fast as Express, IF the logistics work. If not, then that is why we are here to fly it around.

Also, @OrioN ... it doesn't solve the issue on the Express side when they DSR it and throw the sticker on it...... why DSR it in the first place??? I mean, you could have just released it no matter what if it wasn't DSR anyway.

OrioN

Shipping error, the warehouse worker didn't do his/her job correctly.

Already resolved as this is the 2nd day with the release prompt above now... someone actually did their job to notify the shipper about it.

These meds are as fast as our chewy boxes, even though their distribution center is one state away. 1 day arrival

MAKAVELI

Shipping error, the warehouse worker didn't do his/her job correctly.

Already resolved as this is the 2nd day with the release prompt above now... someone actually did their job to notify the shipper about it.

These meds are as fast as our chewy boxes, even though their distribution center is one state away. 1 day arrival
We get them DSR sometimes at Express. There is no blanket release for us with DSR. It has to have a trace and a control release#, regardless of shipper. As far as being one state away well that doesn't mean much. That's just your specific region.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
We get them DSR sometimes at Express. There is no blanket release for us with DSR. It has to have a trace and a control release#, regardless of shipper. As far as being one state away well that doesn't mean much. That's just your specific region.
Unless he’s in Hawaii...

OrioN

Dsr removed from all the meds shipments of this account. Warehouse worker had to be re trained to not apply them to the label.

Of course it's regional and y they choose ground over express... same with the constant chewy boxes on a daily basis

dex 84

Express was also built in a time where the internet didn't exist, faxes didn't exist, the post office was unreliable with packages, and the telephone was expensive.

Times have changed... Ground *can be* as fast as Express, IF the logistics work. If not, then that is why we are here to fly it around.

Also, @OrioN ... it doesn't solve the issue on the Express side when they DSR it and throw the sticker on it...... why DSR it in the first place??? I mean, you could have just released it no matter what if it wasn't DSR anyway.

If they claim a declared value high enough it will automatically apply ISR or DSR depending on the declared value amount...