Shooting at Oregon Community College

MAKAVELI

Unfortunately this is an upward trend with no end in sight. We live in a very violent society where more often than not the solution to a problem is taught to be at the end of a barrel.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Unfortunately this is an upward trend with no end in sight. We live in a very violent society where more often than not the solution to a problem is taught to be at the end of a barrel.
Actually, the per capita murder rate as well as the overall number of murders and murders committed with guns has been steadily decreasing since 1993. This in spite of the fact that the number of guns in private ownership as well as the number of people with concealed carry permits has dramatically increased during that same timeframe. As far as what happened in Roseburg (190 miles south of where I sit at this moment) I have very little factual information about the tragedy except for two things; it happened in a posted "gun free" zone, and it ended when a good guy with a gun shot and killed the bad guy with the gun.

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

Actually, the per capita murder rate as well as the overall number of murders and murders committed with guns has been steadily decreasing since 1993. This in spite of the fact that the number of guns in private ownership as well as the number of people with concealed carry permits has dramatically increased during that same timeframe. As far as what happened in Roseburg (190 miles south of where I sit at this moment) I have very little factual information about the tragedy except for two things; it happened in a posted "gun free" zone, and it ended when a good guy with a gun shot and killed the bad guy with the gun.
I'm not talking about per capita, I'm talking about mass shootings. They are obviously on the rise. Anyone who says differently is obviously ignorant or oblivious, or both.

MAKAVELI

Well now.... according to stopsperhour you are ignorant or oblivious..... or both...
Yea I would say so.
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/09/25/us/25shooters.html?referer=&_r=0

WASHINGTON — A report released by the friend.B.I. on Wednesday confirmed what many Americans had feared but law enforcement officials had never documented: Mass shootings have risen drastically in the past half-dozen years.

There were, on average, 16.4 such shootings a year from 2007 to 2013, compared with an average of 6.4 shootings annually from 2000 to 2006. In the past 13 years, 486 people have been killed in such shootings, with 366 of the deaths in the past seven years. In all, the study looked at 160 shootings since 2000. (Shootings tied to domestic violence and gangs were not included.)

friend.B.I. Confirms a Sharp Rise in Mass Shootings Since 2000

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/08/04/report-mass-public-shootings-rise/31071301/
NATION

Report: Mass public shootings on rise
The report, sent to members of Congress on Friday, found that in the 1970s, mass public shootings killed roughly six people a year and injured two. From 2010 to 2013, there were an average of 33 deaths in mass shootings each year, with 28 additional people injured.

Last edited:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Without knowing all the facts potus declares that more gun controls are needed .
Potus pointed out that states with more gun restrictions tended to have fewer gun deaths .
Except Chicago .

moreluck

golden ticket member
Without knowing all the facts potus declares that more gun controls are needed .
Potus pointed out that states with more gun restrictions tended to have fewer gun deaths .
Except Chicago .
He is soooooo wrong about those stats. He came on the TV and I turned it to something where I could believe what was coming out of their mouth. Like any other show on TV.

Maybe going to college causes death by bullet.