Shooting in Gilroy CA. What is The Purpose of An Assault Rifle? Serious Topic.

MAKAVELI

I fire around two thousand rounds per year or more and while I haven't trained in any martial arts in over a decade I've planted enough faces to feel confident against your average fist-swinging ape. I don't understand why you equate guns with cowardice. For me personally, it's doubling down on that reassurance.
Cool story bro.

bbsam

Staff member
I guess that's easier than an actual response.
His response is that full of crap and inflating your self image with the memory of that one time in fourth grad when you stood up to the schoolyard bully. It was a close fight, a lot closer than anybody expected, but at the end of the day, she respected you more for it.

newfie

But one is the preferred instrument of mass killings and the others are not.

I’m actually going down your own line of logic. It’s not the guns. It’s mental health. Ok. But that’s not where the conversation ends.

They may have been watching news reports that label those weapons as assault rifles.

Seriously though you're asking us to speculate on the psychology of a mass murderer?

bbsam

Staff member
They may have been watching news reports that label those weapons as assault rifles.

Seriously though you're asking us to speculate on the psychology of a mass murderer?
If you are speculating that it isn’t the gun but the mental health, are you not already speculating on the psychology of a mass murderer?

And if that is indeed the problem, then something needs to be done about mental health in the US. It’s not enough to just define a problem.

newfie

Cool story bro.

His response is that full of crap and inflating your self image with the memory of that one time in fourth grad when you stood up to the schoolyard bully. It was a close fight, a lot closer than anybody expected, but at the end of the day, she respected you more for it.

Or that because he is a wimp who lives in a wimpy state then there can not be anyone who fires a lot of rounds at the range or someone who has trained in the martial arts.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I hate having to read back too but what I said was no different than it will be fine's post I was responding to and was thus relevant to the point I was making.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Commiefornia at it again.

CA District Court Judge Rules AR-15s Not Covered Under 2A - Uncle Sam's Misguided Children

67425127_10214056995610111_3662528379501936640_n.jpg

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The American M1795 and French M1777 muskets were .69-cal.; the British Brown Bess was .75-cal.--17.5mm and 19mm wide, respectively. By comparison, the average assault rifle today fires a bullet with a diameter of 5.45mm (Soviet) or 5.56mm (NATO). This means that the wound surface area of a musket ball is truly massive. A modern rifle round will rely on its high speed and its tendency to start tumbling end over end inside your body in order to cause damage to blood vessels and vital organs; it might clip or bounce off of bones. A musket ball is more like a shotgun slug, and will bulldoze its way through with sheer weight. For comparison's sake, an M-4/M-16 fires a pointy bullet weighing 55 or 62 grains (0.13-0.14 oz) at supersonic speed, whereas a musket fires a round ball weighing something like 400-500 grains (0.9-1.1 oz) at high subsonic speed.
Fire it into a crowd. Pull out bag of powder. Dump down barrel. Pull out bag of shot. Put lead ball down barrel. Shove down with metal thing. Get tackled by crowd.

Box Ox

The American M1795 and French M1777 muskets were .69-cal.; the British Brown Bess was .75-cal.--17.5mm and 19mm wide, respectively. By comparison, the average assault rifle today fires a bullet with a diameter of 5.45mm (Soviet) or 5.56mm (NATO). This means that the wound surface area of a musket ball is truly massive. A modern rifle round will rely on its high speed and its tendency to start tumbling end over end inside your body in order to cause damage to blood vessels and vital organs; it might clip or bounce off of bones. A musket ball is more like a shotgun slug, and will bulldoze its way through with sheer weight. For comparison's sake, an M-4/M-16 fires a pointy bullet weighing 55 or 62 grains (0.13-0.14 oz) at supersonic speed, whereas a musket fires a round ball weighing something like 400-500 grains (0.9-1.1 oz) at high subsonic speed.

OMFG. LOLLLLLLL.

:censored2: banning M-16s! We've gotta make sure the Revolutionary War guns don't hit our streets! LOLLLLLL

Day made.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Fire it into a crowd. Pull out bag of powder. Dump down barrel. Pull out bag of shot. Put lead ball down barrel. Shove down with metal thing. Get tackled by crowd.
A non rifled musket will not necessarily hit what you are aiming at, it might hit some one to the left or right of whom you are aiming at. That is why soldiers lined up in rows facing other soldiers on the battle field. A rifled musket will hit where you are aiming and from a farther distance. The metal thing is known as a ram rod and many were made of wood also known as a scouring stick. A good musket shooter can get up to 5 shots off per minute. Most people will naturally go into flight mode after seeing what damage a musket ball can do.