Shooting in Gilroy CA. What is The Purpose of An Assault Rifle? Serious Topic.

El Correcto

god is dead
How about when you subtract suicides?

If pistol grips and style don’t affect lethality why does the military use rifles like the AR?
Still more people if you’re talking in America.
Military uses those rifles because they have a high velocity and can smash the :censored2: out of people even if they are in a vest.

They are powerful weapons for sure, but it doesn’t take away from the majority of shootings and gun death in America being from handguns. You ban an entire type of weapon, piss off a lot of gun owners and still barely make a dent in gun homicide numbers. Then you start limiting pistol even more, maybe target “assault pistols” semiautomatic pistols.

This won’t solve mass shooting and won’t solve gun homicide.

El Correcto

god is dead
Even with the Vegas shooter I bet a year worth of pistol homicides in Baltimore and Chicago beat out the entire nations “assault rifle” murders for that year.

It will be fine

Still more people if you’re talking in America.
Military uses those rifles because they have a high velocity and can smash the :censored2: out of people even if they are in a vest.

They are powerful weapons for sure, but it doesn’t take away from the majority of shootings and gun death in America being from handguns. You ban an entire type of weapon, piss off a lot of gun owners and still barely make a dent in gun homicide numbers. Then you start limiting pistol even more, maybe target “assault pistols” semiautomatic pistols.

This won’t solve mass shooting and won’t solve gun homicide.
You realize that the frequency of mass shootings is uniquely American right? Why should we care if we piss off a bunch of gun owners? Muricans love guns because we have a sick culture that makes dudes believe guns make them a “real man.” Bunch of pusillanimous that never learned how to fight if you ask me.

El Correcto

god is dead
You realize that the frequency of mass shootings is uniquely American right? Why should we care if we piss off a bunch of gun owners? Muricans love guns because we have a sick culture that makes dudes believe guns make them a “real man.” Bunch of pusillanimous that never learned how to fight if you ask me.
If you don’t like America you can get out.

El Correcto

god is dead
I haven’t had a fist fight with someone in like 5 or 6 years. Grow up dude. Eventually you buy yourself a gun, learn how to behave so the law will be on your side and erase the idiots from existence.

bbsam

Staff member
I haven’t had a fist fight with someone in like 5 or 6 years. Grow up dude. Eventually you buy yourself a gun, learn how to behave so the law will be on your side and erase the idiots from existence.
How many idiots t have you erased?

It will be fine

I haven’t been in a fist fight since I was a child. Guns are for pusillanimous. I get it, training to fight is hard and takes discipline, it’s much easier to buy a gun and pretend you’re a big man. The difference is when you know how to fight you carry yourself in a way that makes it clear you aren’t a victim, no one messes with you. You can’t carry at work, I assume you don’t carry all the time, you’re young put in the time and learn how to actually protect yourself.

vantexan

It's more common here than say Australia because we have 15 times the population.

It will be fine

How do you figure?

Guns are objectively a more efficient means in the current year. But is it a farfetched and ill-advised concept to know how to do both?
I know how to do both. I don’t own guns because statistics are clear in that you are far more likely to die of gun violence if you own a gun. I know how to shoot, I do it a few times a year. Knowing how to incapacitate people with my hands is much more reassuring to me.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I know how to do both. I don’t own guns because statistics are clear in that you are far more likely to die of gun violence if you own a gun. I know how to shoot, I do it a few times a year. Knowing how to incapacitate people with my hands is much more reassuring to me.
I fire around two thousand rounds per year or more and while I haven't trained in any martial arts in over a decade I've planted enough faces to feel confident against your average fist-swinging ape. I don't understand why you equate guns with cowardice. For me personally, it's doubling down on that reassurance.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
From my point of view this idiot could of rented a u haul and hit the casualties he did just going over a curb.
Except that he was a total beta male loser and he probably would have died in a crash on the way there because he was on his phone browsing /Pol or Reddit while driving.

The guy went to a festival with thousands of people and a semi auto gun and only managed to kill three people. FFS, what a loser.

It will be fine

I fire around two thousand rounds per year or more and while I haven't trained in any martial arts in over a decade I've planted enough faces to feel confident against your average fist-swinging ape. I don't understand why you equate guns with cowardice. For me personally, it's doubling down on that reassurance.
It’s the culture. It easy to feel tough with a gun without actually doing anything to earn it. It’s a lazy solution to personal defense. Unless you’re a crazy person that carries everywhere it’s also very impractical.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
How's the weather in your bubble?

over9five

Staff member
It’s the culture. It easy to feel tough with a gun without actually doing anything to earn it. It’s a lazy solution to personal defense. Unless you’re a crazy person that carries everywhere it’s also very impractical.
I think you're a fool if you don't carry all the time. All your cool fight moves won't mean crap if the other guy has a knife, a bat, or a gun.