Shooting in Gilroy CA. What is The Purpose of An Assault Rifle? Serious Topic.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
There should be more common sense controls and I agree with the posters who say movies, other media, some music , and maybe glorifying these mass shooters by posting their names and giving them their 15 minutes of fame should all be addressed.

In New Zealand , after that mass shooting , the governor refused to publish the name of the shooter. I don't know if it stayed that way but we agreed with that.

Regarding the semi assault rifles. What is the reason for these? I understand the reason for the 2nd amendment and the right to bear arms. Every fascist government banned guns and had almost total control over the populous .

Some countries have said they would never land an army on American soil because they know everyone has guns.

But where do you draw the line with weapons? Are hand grenades and rocket launchers allowed? I do know you can make a weapon or bomb from everyday items that can be found anywhere and crazies will always find a way. But it seems that guns and rifles and semi automatic weapons are too easy to be found.

I do believe in the right to protect myself and family. There have been times when a weapon have helped in a situation ( just having one and the other person knowing )and there has been times I did not have a weapon and was glad I didn't.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Not a sheep, just trying to save you from your TDS. :teethy:
I pointed out the fact that the shooter referenced a white supremacist manifesto, that statistically white nationalism is on the rise, and the fact that white supremacist have been emboldened by trump's nationalist rhetoric.

You then accused me of saying EVERYTHING(lol) was trump's fault. Jesus bro, you've got trump derangement syndrome pretty bad.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
I pointed out the fact that the shooter referenced a white supremacist manifesto, that statistically white nationalism is on the rise, and the fact that white supremacist have been emboldened by trump's nationalist rhetoric.

You then accused me of saying EVERYTHING(lol) was trump's fault. Jesus bro, you've got trump derangement syndrome pretty bad.
Aww, poor snowflake.:yawn2:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

Everybody is afraid of the 10 members in the kkk

Babagounj

Strength through joy
There should be more common sense controls and I agree with the posters who say movies, other media, some music , and maybe glorifying these mass shooters by posting their names and giving them their 15 minutes of fame should all be addressed.

In New Zealand , after that mass shooting , the governor refused to publish the name of the shooter. I don't know if it stayed that way but we agreed with that.

Regarding the semi assault rifles. What is the reason for these? I understand the reason for the 2nd amendment and the right to bear arms. Every fascist government banned guns and had almost total control over the populous .

Some countries have said they would never land an army on American soil because they know everyone has guns.

But where do you draw the line with weapons? Are hand grenades and rocket launchers allowed? I do know you can make a weapon or bomb from everyday items that can be found anywhere and crazies will always find a way. But it seems that guns and rifles and semi automatic weapons are too easy to be found.

I do believe in the right to protect myself and family. There have been times when a weapon have helped in a situation ( just having one and the other person knowing )and there has been times I did not have a weapon and was glad I didn't.
The 2nd Amendment is your right to protect yourself from an over reaching government.
Again the term assault weapon is misleading, it is a made up phrase.
"Some countries have said they would never land an army on American soil because they know everyone has guns." has been around since WWII. General Yamamoto has been quoted as saying "to invade the United States would prove most difficult because behind every blade of grass is an American with a rifle."

542thruNthru

Another mass shooting. This time in Gilroy CA. 3 kids dead, 12 people or more injured. Another semi automatic assault rifle.

Serious question : what is the purpose of these semi automatic assault rifles? hunting?
Just don't understand.

How long are we going to keep letting this happen until we do something serious about common sense gun control.

please be serious.

Please look up the definition of assault rifle.

Many fire arms are semi auto.
Handguns
Shotguns
Rifles

Giving a weapon a scary name like "assault rifle" doesn't make it more dangerous.