Short term disability

0RW0

So I was injured on the job and put on TAW. My 30 days are up and I have yet to be cleared. Apparently no workers comp claim was ever created and I was told everything was going through UPS’ insurance (and they are taking their sweet time approving Dr.’s requests). My question is now that my 30 days are up how do I apply for short term disability? No one so far at work seems to have any info and the information on UPSers says it has to be a non-work related injury.

So I was injured on the job and put on TAW. My 30 days are up and I have yet to be cleared. Apparently no workers comp claim was ever created and I was told everything was going through UPS’ insurance (and they are taking their sweet time approving Dr.’s requests). My question is now that my 30 days are up how do I apply for short term disability? No one so far at work seems to have any info and the information on UPSers says it has to be a non-work related injury.
You should be getting comp not short term disability.

0RW0

You should be getting comp not short term disability.
I called workers comp shortly after my accident and they had no record of me. They asked if a first report of injury was filled out, which I’m assuming was all the paperwork I filled out with the on-road sup at the urgent care, but apparently not. I later asked the Dr about it and she stated since UPS is self insured that everything was going through their insurance. I’ve never had to deal with anything like this so I’m 100% clueless.

I called workers comp shortly after my accident and they had no record of me. They asked if a first report of injury was filled out, which I’m assuming was all the paperwork I filled out with the on-road sup at the urgent care, but apparently not. I later asked the Dr about it and she stated since UPS is self insured that everything was going through their insurance. I’ve never had to deal with anything like this so I’m 100% clueless.
Better get your steward involved.

rod

Retired 22 years
Above all else keep accurate records. Make duplicates even. UPS likes to bend over backwards to screw a guy out of work comp. Good luck---you are going to need it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How do you go from work comp to short term disability. I thought short term disability was for non work injuries

one of the insurance guru’s needs to jump in here