Short term disability

CitizenTruth

"Uh, yeah, I know I've been off since August and, yeah, I probably should have had the knee scoped at some point, but, I thought it would be better for all involved (aka me) to take an additional 2 weeks off even though we are busy as hell."

That's almost as bad as taking FMLA during Peak to bond with your "newborn" 11 month old baby.
Its nobodys business especially mgmt on when he decides to take care of any medical issue

CitizenTruth

Am I the only one not willing to give this kid a pass? He has been off work since August of 2019. We are now in April 2020 and the Covid restrictions did not begin to kick in until late February/early March 2020. That gave him 6-7 full months to schedule the scope on his knee so as not to delay his return from comp.
Who cares its his choice life happens, why should it benefit the company?, just how it worked out, you must be one of those guys who like to make mgmt job's easier so they have more time to follow another driver

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are being a putz. He said it is a separate injury from the one that has kept him out.

He said he found out just last week he needs the knee worked on. You say he has had 6-7 months to get it done. You are so quick to assume people are lazy or scamming.

Show some compassion. This guy is hurting. He is probally going to have to return to work with a bum knee and be in pain till he gets it worked on.

You have pulled this crap on so many people who come to this forum for advice over the years.

Why do you feel the need to assume the worst in people?

So he just happened to hurt his knee while rehabbing from his "injury"?

I do feel sorry for the kid. I would go nuts if I had to sit at home for 6-7 months. My issue is that he did not feel the need to get his knee, which was a preexisting injury, scoped while he was "rehabbing".

His management team would have every right to be upset with him for not having taken care of this while he was already out of work. To come back and then say "Oh, I need two more weeks off to get my knee taken care of" would be complete BS on his part.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Its nobodys business especially mgmt on when he decides to take care of any medical issue

Uh.......no.

Who cares its his choice life happens, why should it benefit the company?, just how it worked out, you must be one of those guys who like to make mgmt job's easier so they have more time to follow another driver

For the most part I did my job the way that it was supposed to be done.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I offer a perspective that you Joe Unions don't like to hear.
A condescending troll's perspective? Yeah, that fits you.

You are also ungrateful for what the union has done for the stability of your family and retirement all these years. Especially for an employee who only needed a GED to qualify, as you've stated on here numerous times.

All in all you're just an all knowing and trolling scab, stirring up trouble in the Union Forum of this site. Besides management that trolls here you're probably the most hated poster on BC. I wish there was a way to jerk your pension for publically defaming the IBT and we'd be rid of you for good...

kind of like an ex-wife caught cheating because her husband wasn't much of a man.

Overpaid Union Thug

I offer a perspective that you Joe Unions don't like to hear.
upload_2020-4-20_6-50-54.jpeg

vvv

I'm devastated-----how will I go on with my day?

I have never met you yet despise you, as it's quite clear you're a piece of garbage.

People like yourself don't deserve their next breath, and I hope your last comes very soon.

Fly away and do something more satisfying with your retirement other than giving horse crap advice and babbling conjecture here.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I've been out on work comp since August of 2019 and I'm about to be cleared to return to work. The problem is I need my knee scoped and I dont qualify for fmla because I dont have enough hours worked. It's a different injury than the work comp injury. Can I just use short term disability? I only need 2 weeks off for the procedure.
Use pain killers, come in to work, claim another work injury.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
You simply don't get it.

The kid was off for 6-7 months rehabbing an injury. He also knew that he was having issues with his knee and that it would need to be scoped before going back to work. Rather than waiting until he fully recovers from the primary injury before having his knee scoped, why not try to schedule the procedure toward the end of the 6-7 months so that it would not further hamper his recovery effort and allow him to return to work on his original timeline.

You don't get it.

Just go away