Shot in the dark

1stgear

I drove Peak 2018 as an off the street hire. I was hired off the street 4 months later for RPCD and went to integrad last week.

Is retro pay a thing for me?
I really doubt it but thought I’d get your opinions.
Let the storm begin.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
You were hired in April right? You have not made book and have not made seniority in the union so from my understanding you will not get a retro check. You will need to complete 30 working days and then you would be back dated to your first day driving when you are hired on after your 30 working days are done.

1stgear

You were hired in April right? You have not made book and have not made seniority in the union so from my understanding you will not get a retro check. You will need to complete 30 working days and then you would be back dated to your first day driving when you are hired on after your 30 working days are done.

I was hired in October worked to December , hired RPCD in April. I paid union dues and fees and had a union withdraw card when i was off for 4 months.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I was hired in October worked to December , hired RPCD in April. I paid union dues and fees and had a union withdraw card when i was off for 4 months.
You were hired as a seasonal driver, not a full time driver. You paid dues and fees because you worked at a union job, you were not hired full time therefore not included in the retro checks. Only people in the union from August 1st to April 29th will be eligible for retro checks sorry to disappoint you. Have you started driving yet?

1stgear

You were hired as a seasonal driver, not a full time driver. You paid dues and fees because you worked at a union job, you were not hired full time therefore not included in the retro checks. Only people in the union from August 1st to April 29th will be eligible for retro checks sorry to disappoint you. Have you started driving yet?

Thanks. That’s kinda what I was thinking as well. Tomorrow will be day 1.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I think it has more to do with the fact that seasonal drivers are not covered by the master. If the supplement you work under has specific rates for seasonal workers that changed with the new contract you may have a case. I think the biggest thing working against you is the gap in employment. If you had taken an inside job after the seasonal work was done and had been working straight through, you would likely be getting a retro check for the part time work, and possibly could get retro pay for the seasonal driving if there were any changes to the pay for that position in the contract.

1stgear

Yeah I’m sure the company is cutting everyone a check that worked peak last year :rolleyes:

Cute. It’s was a pretty simple question. I don’t recall asking if all Peak drivers will get back pay. I asked if I would since I was rehired full time and had worked under the old contract.
Thanks for playing.

UPSjedi41

I drove Peak 2018 as an off the street hire. I was hired off the street 4 months later for RPCD and went to integrad last week.

Is retro pay a thing for me?
I really doubt it but thought I’d get your opinions.
Let the storm begin.
I was an off the street hire in 2013-14. Before and during the contract extension. Got hired full time package driver in April 2014. 6 months later our contract passsed. I got retro for every single hour worked. Seasonal and full time. Local 705

UPSjedi41

C061808E-D4AC-4993-B345-8223DBA5B01F.jpeg
I was an off the street hire in 2013-14. Before and during the contract extension. Got hired full time package driver in April 2014. 6 months later our contract passsed. I got retro for every single hour worked. Seasonal and full time. Local 705