Should a tip be based on the waitperson's sexual orientation or lifestyle?

Should a tip be based on the waitperson's sexual orientation or lifestyle?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It wasn't just the tip----it was what was supposedly written on the receipt as the reason for not leaving a tip that led to the donations. I mean, who writes that on a receipt? I guess someone looking to take advantage of a situation by slandering an innocent couple and defrauding all those stupid enough (including me) to have fallen for her story.

What kind of person does this? The same type of person who claims that one of their children has cancer.
No, I understand why people felt bad for her and donated money....my point is (assuming it actually happened) if I were the waitress, I wouldn't feel right pocketing monetary donations over something like that.

As far as what kind of person lies about something like this? Someone with serious psychological issues. There was a young woman from NY a year or two ago....a heroin addict. She went around to local businesses....claimed she had cancer and lost her job...and couldn't afford treatment...a convincing sob story. A bunch of businesses donated money. One even sponsored a fund raising event for her....she stole hundreds of thousands of dollars to feed her habit. It's twisted...the kinds of things people will say and do for attention or monetary gain.

]...... Ihave a misload Iin my package car. It's going to Hoaxster s house!
20131126_142001.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
No, I understand why people felt bad for her and donated money....my point is (assuming it actually happened) if I were the waitress, I wouldn't feel right pocketing monetary donations over something like that. As far as what kind of person lies about something like this? Someone with serious psychological issues. There was a young woman from NY a year or two ago....a heroin addict. She went around to local businesses....claimed she had cancer and lost her job...and couldn't afford treatment...a convincing sob story. A bunch of businesses donated money. One even sponsored a fund raising event for her....she stole hundreds of thousands of dollars to feed her habit. It's twisted...the kinds of things people will say and do for attention or monetary gain.

What I read was this waitress (she is an ex Marine) said she felt guilty about receiving money from people who felt sorry for her so she was going to donate "part" of it to the Wounded Warriors organization. Now she is playing on the feelings of 2 different causes. If she is guilty of trying to cheat the public she should be tared and feathered and ran out of town.

over9five

Staff member
If I was her boss, I'd fire her. Can't be good for business if your employee is doing this kind of thing to your customers.

Marne Vet

What I read was this waitress (she is an ex Marine) said she felt guilty about receiving money from people who felt sorry for her so she was going to donate "part" of it to the Wounded Warriors organization. Now she is playing on the feelings of 2 different causes. If she is guilty of trying to cheat the public she should be tared and feathered and ran out of town.

She hasn't donated a cent as of yesterday to anyone. Another article about this idiot was out yesterday. The family she tried to blame for this fake incident is taking it right back at her. I'm glad they produced the credit card receipt and didn't ignore this. This girl deserves all the grief she gets for what she did. A+ a-hole!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Via NY Post:
A New Jersey waitress who raked in thousands in donations after claiming a couple didn’t tip her because she’s gay was fired from her job on Saturday.
Dayna Morales, 22, was finally canned from Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater — nearly a month after she made national headlines over what’s likely a hoax.
The restaurant announced her termination on Facebook Saturday shortly after it was revealed she was returning donations from supporters across the world.
“In light of … recent events, both Ms. Morales and Gallop Asian Bistro have made a joint decision that Ms. Morales will no longer continue her employment at our restaurant,” the eatery wrote. “We wish her well in the future.”
The waitress, a former Marine, claimed the couple stiffed her on a $93.55 bill and left a note saying, “I’m sorry but I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle.”

rod

Retired 22 years
Via NY Post:
A New Jersey waitress who raked in thousands in donations after claiming a couple didn’t tip her because she’s gay was fired from her job on Saturday.
Dayna Morales, 22, was finally canned from Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater — nearly a month after she made national headlines over what’s likely a hoax.
The restaurant announced her termination on Facebook Saturday shortly after it was revealed she was returning donations from supporters across the world.
“In light of … recent events, both Ms. Morales and Gallop Asian Bistro have made a joint decision that Ms. Morales will no longer continue her employment at our restaurant,” the eatery wrote. “We wish her well in the future.”
The waitress, a former Marine, claimed the couple stiffed her on a $93.55 bill and left a note saying, “I’m sorry but I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle.”
This article should have read --- "The waitress, a dishonorably discharged Marine want-a-be loser bitch" ---

rod

Retired 22 years
Its sad but I don't believe much of anything as reported the first time around anymore. The public has been fooled too many times by crying people on the news who turn out to be the ones who did the crime in the first place or politicians who don't live up to their promises. My first reaction when I heard about this story was "IF" this is true it was terrible.