Should I file a grievance?

brownman2075

I am a delivery driver. Was inside my truck minding my own business just arranging the front end of my truck the way it should have been loaded. The center manager out of the blue calls me out of the truck and points to a piss bottle found between my truck and another parked next to me at the preload belt. He asked me if it was mine. No one else was asked. No one witnessed this conversation. I answered no and he went on his way picking it up with a plastic bag and threw it away. At the PCM he mentions his piss bottle discovery which consisted the entire PCM and summed it up with if I catch who is doing it and prove it, they are not going to have a job here any longer. Should I file a grievance for harassment?

I am a delivery driver. Was inside my truck minding my own business just arranging the front end of my truck the way it should have been loaded. The center manager out of the blue calls me out of the truck and points to a piss bottle found between my truck and another parked next to me at the preload belt. He asked me if it was mine. No one else was asked. No one witnessed this conversation. I answered no and he went on his way picking it up with a plastic bag and threw it away. At the PCM he mentions his piss bottle discovery which consisted the entire PCM and summed it up with if I catch who is doing it and prove it, they are not going to have a job here any longer. Should I file a grievance for harassment?
Just fill up a few empty water bottles with lemonade and leave them all over the place.

Superteeth2478

Not addressing the question, but the answer to the question "Should I file a grievance?" is always "YES!".

Stop working off the clock. And that particular bottle may not have been yours, but I'm sure you use piss bottles. Braindead drivers that work off the clock usually do. If you're using them, be an adult about it and throw them away at the end of the shift. That said, it's hard to expect someone to be an adult about disposing of their trash if they don't have the willpower to stand up to management and tell them they can suck rocks if they think they'll use a piss bottle instead of stopping at a convenience store or something to relieve themselves.

Last edited:

brownman2075

Not addressing the question, but the answer to the question "Should I file a grievance?" is always "YES!".

Stop working off the clock. And that particular bottle may not have been yours, but I'm sure you use piss bottles. Braindead drivers that work off the clock usually do. If you're using them, be an adult about it and throw them away at the end of the shift. That said, it's hard to expect someone to be an adult about disposing of their trash if they don't have the willpower to stand up to management and tell them they can suck rocks if they think they'll use a piss bottle instead of stopping at a convenience store or something to relieve themselves.

You don’t know anything about me. Don’t paint me into a certain character. My question is can I successfully grieve it even though no one witnessed the conversation? I had no part in the act of leaving a piss bottle laying around nor do I leave my truck or anyone’s truck trashed up like that ever.

brownman2075

The irony is this d bag is worried about hazardous waste, but us drivers literally are handling poop in white boxes not even marked hazardous 5 days a week. Then there are urine and blood samples being sent, also not marked. Where did the biohazard symbol go on the prohibited hazmat poster in our trucks?

Superteeth2478

You don’t know anything about me. Don’t paint me into a certain character. My question is can I successfully grieve it even though no one witnessed the conversation? I had no part in the act of leaving a piss bottle laying around nor do I leave my truck or anyone’s truck trashed up like that ever.
I do know that you're a braindead driver who works off the clock. 'Nuff said.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

You can file a grievance on anything you want, of course you can be fired for working off the clock too

brownman2075

Don't throw stones in a glass house, brownman2075. Maybe grow a pair and stop working off the clock. Then you can file a grievance without worrying about retaliation.

I guess the majority of the hub should be fired then. Show me in the contract where it says touching packages off the clock is grounds for termination. Sounds to me like you are nothing more than an antagonist. It’s amazing how these antagonist come on here and other chat forums and talk big behind a computer screen, but in real life they don’t have the balls they claim they have in this virtual reality. Management lives in virtual reality. Maybe you should join them. If you talked to me like that in my face (in reality), you would lose more than just the balls you probably really never had behind that computer screen.

I guess the majority of the hub should be fired then. Show me in the contract where it says touching packages off the clock is grounds for termination. Sounds to me like you are nothing more than an antagonist. It’s amazing how these antagonist come on here and other chat forums and talk big behind a computer screen, but in real life they don’t have the balls they claim they have in this virtual reality. Management lives in virtual reality. Maybe you should join them. If you talked to me like that in my face (in reality), you would lose more than just the balls you probably really never had behind that computer screen.
Was you working off of the clock?

DRporch

What are you going to do file a harassment grievance? You’re trying to file the dumbest harassment grievance

Superteeth2478

Looks like you talk pretty big too, bub. And guess what, I actually enforce Article 17 (look it up, if you know how to read) in my hub. Drivers have come at me aggressively for doing so, and I stand my ground because I have the balls you don't. Guess what, they always back down. And I'm not a big guy, either. And I'd do the same to you. You, being as clearly braindead as you are, would probably engage in physical violence against me while I remain calm while filing for you to get paid for the time you work off the clock and are forced off the slides by management because I'm filing for you to get paid. And you'd be the one to lose your job for that. Come at me like a punk in the building and I'll treat you like the punk you are. Except I'll be smart about it.

Not to mention that for a spineless coward of a driver that works for free to keep from being chewed by management, you talk REALLY big. And don't tell me it's so you can "get home to see your family". If you had a spine you'd be on the 9.5 list to do that at least 3 days out of the week, rather than be a coward and work off the clock and do a disservice to the union and all your fellow union brothers and sisters.

And I never said it was grounds for termination, but guess what, you're falsifying your numbers working off the clock, and that is grounds for termination. You wouldn't be able to figure that out though, would you? Grow some balls and grow a brain. Because it's clear you don't have either.

Last edited:

brownman2075

What are you going to do file a harassment grievance? You’re trying to file the dumbest harassment grievance

I’m just venting since I was singled out by this manager he has been a dick riding me over every little thing since I came off FLMA and disability .

PT Car Washer

Federal law says you cannot work without being compensated and your manager is responsible to follow the law. You can be disciplined up to being terminated for failure to follow simple instructions. The piss bottle thing is nothing if it was not yours.

brownman2075

Looks like you talk pretty big too, bub. And guess what, I actually enforce Article 17 (look it up, if you know how to read) in my hub. Drivers have come at me aggressively for doing so, and I stand my ground because I have the balls you don't. Guess what, they always back down. And I'm not a big guy, either. And I'd do the same to you. You, being as clearly braindead as you are, would probably engage in physical violence against me while I remain calm while filing for you to get paid for the time you work off the clock and are forced off the slides by management because I'm filing for you to get paid. And you'd be the one to lose your job for that. Come at me like a punk in the building and I'll treat you like the punk you are. Except I'll be smart about it.

And I never said it was grounds for termination, but guess what, you're falsifying your numbers working off the clock, and that is grounds for termination. You wouldn't be able to figure that out though, would you? Grow some balls and grow a brain. Because it's clear you don't have either.

Well, I guess every union member who is a driver in my hub is brain dead then because I’m the last to clock in a few minutes before start time while most everyone else is clocked in up to one half hour or more before start time helping the preload. That’s no joke and I get ridiculed for showing up so late. Seriously my diad is the last one clocked in. God forbid I clock in a minute late, they are ready to fire me after a few times. Am I going to grieve over a few minutes? No. Not worth it. I’ll let everyone know tomorrow they are fired for falsifying time and not committing to Article 17 to the letter. I’ll let the supervisor know too. How much do you think they will laugh?

PT Car Washer

Well, I guess every union member who is a driver in my hub is brain dead then because I’m the last to clock in a few minutes before start time while most everyone else is clocked in up to one half hour or more before start time helping the preload. That’s no joke and I get ridiculed for showing up so late. Seriously my diad is the last one clocked in. God forbid I clock in a minute late, they are ready to fire me after a few times. Am I going to grieve over a few minutes? No. Not worth it. I’ll let everyone know tomorrow they are fired for falsifying time and not committing to Article 17 to the letter. I’ll let the supervisor know too. How much do you think they will laugh?
We had a PT preloader grieve that drivers were coming in early and helping load package cars off the clock which meant she was sent home early and she won. No drivers are allowed in their package cars until after the PCM except to place their personal items.