Should It Come As A Surprise?

FedexCares

I'm beginning to understand, thanks for your patience.

It leads me to another question but would you respond first to the one you left unanswered in my previous post.

If you'll just take my little hand you can walk me through this.

I can still hear my dad in my head,

"Son, you ask to many questions."

Continue to have patience with me and answer what's asked, it's one way I choose to learn.
Yes it’s true. They are doing the hiring referral bonus in Indy as well, across most if not all opcos. I know because I was offered this hiring incentive directly from management as a fedex employee that works for a different opco then express.

Finding people to take advantage of it though has been harder than I epexcted once they see our take home pay.

floridays

Yes it’s true. They are doing the hiring referral bonus in Indy as well, across most if not all opcos. I know because I was offered this hiring incentive directly from management as a fedex employee that works for a different opco then express.

Finding people to take advantage of it though has been harder than I epexcted once they see our take home pay.
Thank you for answering my question.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I'd guess there are hundreds of smaller stations nationwide that are missed, to say the public didn't care if they noticed at all is just another thing you pulled out of your ass.
Voice tracking and automation allowed underperforming stations to last longer.

Mutineer

All the radio veterans said it would kill jobs and that the public would hate it. It got rid of some jobs but the public never cared if they noticed it at all.

I immediately noticed when the local DJs disappeared. Because the new DJs had accents which weren't local, and terribly mispronounced (sometimes hilariously) the Spanish names of local areas and communities.

They also spend ALOT more time arguing and blathering on about sports-ball related news and events.

Aquaman

FedEx grounds operating margin is 11.9% (Q4 '21). Express was 4.7% (Q4 '21). Trucking packages is much more cost effective than flying them. Ground and Express can't simply merge. The entire business model would need to change.

You're good (sic) at doing research. If any of those entities holds any large amounts, it should be easy enough to find.

Double check your numbers.
And why can’t they change the business model? There are 2 things we know for certain.
1.) FedEx can NOT turn UPS level profit being seperated.
2.) The one person who cares about keeping the companies separate isn’t running the show anymore.

yadig

And why can’t they change the business model? There are 2 things we know for certain.
1.) FedEx can NOT turn UPS level profit being seperated.
2.) The one person who cares about keeping the companies separate isn’t running the show anymore.
We’ll see soon enough. How many express guys/gals are ready to work for a contractor? That’s gonna be the future of the company.

thedownhillEXPRESS

How many contractors would want to hire former express guys? I’ve hired a few over the years and they don’t work out, too soft.
Soft because we were trained to follow DOT rules? Soft because we don’t keep all the doors open with the truck nose first and running at every stop? Maybe it’s soft because we don’t release wine shipments to little kids or leave guns without signatures idk.
I can list a hundred other reasons.

bbsam

Staff member
Soft because we were trained to follow DOT rules? Soft because we don’t keep all the doors open with the truck nose first and running at every stop? Maybe it’s soft because we don’t release wine shipments to little kids or leave guns without signatures idk.
I can list a hundred other reasons.
Soft because trampolines and bunk beds suck.

bbsam

Staff member
They suck if you actually deliver them to the house or apartment. I’ve only seen the Ground guys leave stuff like that at the end of driveways and outside the entrances to senior living facilities .
Well if that’s all you’ve seen, then I guess that’s how all Ground drivers do it. You do realize how ridiculous that sounds?

And think about it. What Express driver would go to Ground to deliver all that crap for an equal level of compensation let alone less? You can make Express drivers out of Ground drivers. Express to Ground? I don’t see it.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And why can’t they change the business model?
It would cost Express a fortune to take on all the assets and operational costs that are currently borne by contractors should Express try to absorb Ground. And should it go the other way around, where are you going to get the contractors to take on the Express freight when there are barely enough to handle the existing Ground freight?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Well if that’s all you’ve seen, then I guess that’s how all Ground drivers do it. You do realize how ridiculous that sounds?

And think about it.

You make snide generalities about Express drivers, then take umbrage at someone turning it around on you?

Yes, we all realize how ridiculous you sound.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
It would cost Express a fortune to take on all the assets and operational costs that are currently borne by contractors should Express try to absorb Ground. And should it go the other way around, where are you going to get the contractors to take on the Express freight when there are barely enough to handle the existing Ground freight?
Yes, in order to produce a lean, efficient business model that can be sustained. Do you feel threatened by that?

How could they accomplish that?