Should part time employees make the same rate as full time employees?

Thebrownblob

Actually one of the old timers told me company was pissed and forced everyone to actually stay the full eight hours after the strike lol.
Would not surprise me, but after 1997 it took about three years and an arbitrator to finally get UPS to give us those 22.3 jobs. They claimed the volume did not come back. But it definitely did because I double shifted from 1997 peak, all the way until I went driving in 2000. I was offered and 22.3 job the same day I was offered driving.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Would not surprise me, but after 1997 it took about three years in an arbitrator to finally get UPS to give us those 22.3 jobs. They claimed the volume did not come back. But it definitely did because I double shifted from 1997 peak all the way until I went driving in 2000. I was offered and 22.3 job the same day I was offered driving.

That’s probably what he meant then. Once they got the combo jobs they were forced to stay.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
During peak season I’m scheduled full time hours as a part time loader, and within the past few years they have made Sunday shifts mandatory, they used to be optional. Crazy they can do that as a part time job

It’s not mandatory lol I’ve had that fight before

Thebrownblob

During peak season I’m scheduled full time hours as a part time loader, and within the past few years they have made Sunday shifts mandatory, they used to be optional. Crazy they can do that as a part time job
They have Saturday Sunday shorts here because we were large hub, it’s voluntary, but they really don’t have too much trouble at that time of year getting people to do it here

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
They also made us work the Sunday before Labor Day, since I guess the contract said they could not make us work on Labor Day, they got around it by making us come in the day before on Sunday and said it was mandatory

lmao what. where is this at..if they pulled this at our hub half the staff be gone.

Thebrownblob

They also made us work the Sunday before Labor Day, since I guess the contract said they could not make us work on Labor Day, they got around it by making us come in the day before on Sunday and said it was mandatory
Sounds fishy to me. Again, I don’t know what supplement you work under.