Should part time employees make the same rate as full time employees?

Thebrownblob

Everyone does not live in the BOG.
Well, I don’t either one of the largest hubs in the nation. Same supplement as you which is why I know for certain you’re a turd. Screwing part-timers out of the opportunity to go full-time. You’ve been there long enough to be a leader and you’re nothing but for yourself.

HarryWarden

Work as directed. Or it's job abandonment.
That’s what bugs me about peoples attitude towards part time on here and hourly wage. 3.5 is my minimum guarantee. They can and do schedule me as full time hours often anyways, it’s not like I can leave whenever I want or once my “part time hours” are up

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
That’s what bugs me about peoples attitude towards part time on here and hourly wage. 3.5 is my minimum guarantee. They can and do schedule me as full time hours often anyways, it’s not like I can leave whenever I want or once my “part time hours” are up

Yeah it’s weird people will say they don’t get hours but our hub makes it a mission to keep us. I rarely get cut.

HarryWarden

Sounds fishy to me. Again, I don’t know what supplement you work under.

Sounds fishy to me. Again, I don’t know what supplement you work under.
seemed fishy to me also. It’s a very large very busy hub, but supervisors doing union work is crazy, every pd the supervisor loads the entire shift.

One year during peak season, they took away our break time, and instead did staggered breaks for every employee, and the supervisor would take your place doing your job while you took your break. That stunt though apparently did rack up a lot of grievances I heard and that was the last peak season they did that

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

It was fishy to me as well. It’s a very busy hub, but supevisors work like crazy, literally load the entire shift.

seemed fishy to me also. It’s a very large very busy hub, but supervisors doing union work is crazy, every pd the supervisor loads the entire shift.

One year during peak season, they took away our break time, and instead did staggered breaks for every employee, and the supervisor would take your place doing your job while you took your break. That stunt though apparently did rack up a lot of grievances I heard and that was the last peak season they did that
I would certainly be filing grievances on them working and forcing you as well.

HarryWarden

I would certainly be filing grievances on them working and forcing you as well.
You’re right, I should be. My short time on this site has taught me a lot and given me more confidence, but I still do have to battle being a wimp, I worry about retaliation, and I am also in a spot in the building where I can’t document them. If they throw me in the farthest, end trailer that’s getting slammed, how do I document the supevisor loading across the pd from me the entire night?

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
You’re right, I should be. My short time on this site has taught me a lot and given me more confidence, but I still do have to battle being a wimp, I worry about retaliation, and I am also in a spot in the building where I can’t document them. If they throw me in the farthest, end trailer that’s getting slammed, how do I document the supevisor loading across the pd from me the entire night?

Don’t let these guys bully you man. Start learning your contract and speak to your steward.

Thebrownblob

I always tell people who say I’m worried about retaliation that You have a mark on your back as soon as you walk in the door or put on Browns. might as well give them hell. When the people around you start seeing that you’re making a difference with your grievances they will also file taking the target off of you.

The best thing to do is have a group of people you work with who are willing to file on Supervisor’s. That are actually right next to them. The next thing you need to do is politely asked Supervisor why he’s doing bargaining unit work and ask his name. Put the name of the supervisor on the grievance. It will make it a lot more difficult for that supervisor to be dishonest if he’s brought to hearing or asked to write a statement.

9.5mania

Here some advice that helped me when I first started here, the only way to gain confidence is to first get in the ring. Get people who are willing to be a witness and file your first supervisor working grievance. After they retaliate, you will see how pathetic they are and gain confidence. We’ve all been there.

HarryWarden

Here some advice that helped me when I first started here, the only way to gain confidence is to first get in the ring. Get people who are willing to be a witness and file your first supervisor working grievance. After they retaliate, you will see how pathetic they are and gain confidence. We’ve all been there.
Thanks man

BrownStains

You still get full medical benefits paid for only being part time. Most part time people aren’t getting that at other companies. A lot of part time ups people keep that job just for those benefits, the pay doesn’t matter to them as much. When I worked preload I did that and another job just to pay bills until I could get a full time bid. So I don’t know how much you think ups should be paying you for part time but if you need more money then go full time.

HarryWarden

You still get full medical benefits paid for only being part time. Most part time people aren’t getting that at other companies. A lot of part time ups people keep that job just for those benefits, the pay doesn’t matter to them as much. When I worked preload I did that and another job just to pay bills until I could get a full time bid. So I don’t know how much you think ups should be paying you for part time but if you need more money then go full time.
Full timers also get a lot of things most other companies don’t give, it doesn’t mean they don’t deserve it or don’t deserve more

This company makes tens of billions of dollar a year in profit with the largest union in the country, what are you doing negotiating down and penny pinching for them?

BrownStains

Everybody should get raised in this . But you’re acting like You should get full time pay for part time hours . Work full time then if you want more money.