Should Washington Bail Out Overspending States?

MAKAVELI

California, the 5th largest economy, per (@MAKAVELI ) is bankrupt as well, until the federal government assumes their debt or gives a temporary bailout.
Your article is about NY, not CA, and had no information about NY economy. Just a cuckservatives fluff piece. Secondly, Drumpf bankrupted the country by giving huge tax breaks to the wealthy and corporations while driving up the deficit. Try again son.....

floridays

Your article is about NY, not CA, and had no information about NY economy. Just a cuckservatives fluff piece. Secondly, Drumpf bankrupted the country by giving huge tax breaks to the wealthy and corporations while driving up the deficit. Try again son.....
Enjoy your bailout, don't run your business venture in the same manner your state is run.
My best advice to you dad.

rickyb

yes of course. you dont just bailout wall st to the tune of 9 trillion and tell main st to :censored2: themselves.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
i think what happened with the states is coronavirus destroyed their budgets. thats not the same thing as bailing out capitalists reckless behavior. many viewed coronavirus as an excuse for the capitalist bailouts
They have been given money to deal with the costs of COVID.
Their idiotic and political decision to shutdown until Trump was defeated is what Biden's bailout will address.

rickyb

They have been given money to deal with the costs of COVID.
Their idiotic and political decision to shutdown until Trump was defeated is what Biden's bailout will address.
i find that unlikely. whats happening again is a repeat of 2008, banks got bailed out main st got sold out. said again, you had the bailouts and hten austerity for everyone. at least the fed can run deficits unlike EU

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
i find that unlikely. whats happening again is a repeat of 2008, banks got bailed out main st got sold out. said again, you had the bailouts and hten austerity for everyone. at least the fed can run deficits unlike EU
We are talking about State and Local Governments aren't we?

Up In Smoke

We are talking about State and Local Governments aren't we?
49 of 50 States have balance budget (laws) on their books. Only Vermont does not. Budgets passed in early 2020 were blown to bits by the virus and costs associated with it. The Federal Government stepped up to help businesses big and small (PPP and SBA loans) but left local and state governments to cover shortfalls. I don't want to see the money going to past debts but only those associated with virus response.