Shouldered by a supervisor

M

Mike23

I think it was Stug that posted he takes A LOT of pictures. I've started doing the same. You never know what you can find onroad when at work. I also do the same to CYA incase I get hauled in for some reason.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I think it was Stug that posted he takes A LOT of pictures. I've started doing the same. You never know what you can find onroad when at work. I also do the same to CYA incase I get hauled in for some reason.

How did that work out for him?:anxious:
Beware of the possible twist "they" will put on your photographic evidence.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Assault is often defined to include not only violence, but any physical contact with another person without their consent. In common law jurisdictions, including England and Wales and the United States, battery is the crime that represents the unlawful physical contact, though this distinction does not exist in all jurisdictions. Exceptions exist to cover unsolicited physical contact which amount to normal social behavior known as de minimis harm.

trickpony1

Assault is often defined to include not only violence, but any physical contact with another person without their consent. In common law jurisdictions, including England and Wales and the United States, battery is the crime that represents the unlawful physical contact, though this distinction does not exist in all jurisdictions. Exceptions exist to cover unsolicited physical contact which amount to normal social behavior known as de minimis harm.

What would we do without Upstate to keep us in line?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Outhouse lawyer.
Don't believe everything you read on the bathroom wall.

mva1985

This morning the sup asked my preloader to go to the other end of the dock, and he approached me with his voice raised and called me a friend* liar and threw his shoulder into me. Others in the area heard him and had turned around just in time to see him assault me.

I repeated 3 times to get away from me and each time I raised my voice for others to hear me incase i had to defend my self. After the third request i walked away from the situtation so I would not be put in a violent position.

You were assaulted and should have called the police to file charges right then and there. Sometimes you need serious action to be taken seriously.

It was a joke.
Obvious copy and paste by Upstate.
Thought you'd be a little more relaxed in your retired position trpnkl.
Did like the "inhouse" twist though.
Bubble, I really doubt that I need to point this out to you, but it may help some of the newer posters on here. You seem to have something derogatory to say about 99% of UpState/s posts. There are posts from him that I don't agree with yet, even when what he writes is on the mark, you have to come down on him. You say it's a joke, it sure doesn't read as one.
You are right though that it was an obvious C&P, maybe that's why he didn't feel the need to say so.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I find it ironic that Moreluck has made a BC career out of copy and paste yet I catch grief for my C&P. I decided to quote Wikipedia as I wanted to make sure I got it right and because there is generally a lot of confusion when discussing the terms assault and battery.

Back to the OP--Red brought this "assault" upon himself. This does not excuse the actions of the supervisor in question but by no means does Red come out of this with clean hands.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't see why anyone would fault "cut & paste".......the alternative for me would be to hand type the whole article wasting tons of time.

Posting a link doesn't insure anyone will take the time to see it. I don't know how to do pictures, but I can cut & paste the little clip arts.

Cut & paste = good !!