Shouldered by a supervisor

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Cutting and pasting does ensure accuracy and is indeed much faster but does not provide us with your thoughts about an issue and can be seen as you merely handing in someone else's homework.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sometimes I find an article that says exactly what my feelings are.....thus, no personal comments are needed. Sometime I precede a cut & paste with something like "Have you guys seen this trash......???"

Anyway, it's basically all I know how to do. Hey, I'm 62 and was on the fence with computers when they came on the scene as personal communication devices. I've really come a long way, baby !!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Bubble, I really doubt that I need to point this out to you, but it may help some of the newer posters on here. You seem to have something derogatory to say about 99% of UpState/s posts. There are posts from him that I don't agree with yet, even when what he writes is on the mark, you have to come down on him. You say it's a joke, it sure doesn't read as one.
You are right though that it was an obvious C&P, maybe that's why he didn't feel the need to say so.

I would agree, but only that I have something derogatory to say about 99% of UpStates posts that I manage to read.
He posts in such bulk that there is no way I can read even close to 99% of them.
I have made a habit of landing on him with both feet when I perceive his post as being out of line.
He then responds by giving me negative feedback and running to the next thread.
What he doesn't know is that I feel validated by the fact that every time he gives me negative feed back, I receive about four or five positive feed backs from others who see him as I do.
I don't feel a need to agree with him, but as our mothers used to say, it isn't what he says, it's how he says it.
I don't know if it's coincidence or by design on his part, but I haven't found his posts as abrasive as usual in recent weeks.
Dave and I have managed to exchange some civil and playful banter on occasion.
The reply in question was indeed a joke.
Guess it wasn't funny or it was "how I said it".
I can see where you may have seen it the other way.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I find it ironic that Moreluck has made a BC career out of copy and paste yet I catch grief for my C&P. I decided to quote Wikipedia as I wanted to make sure I got it right and because there is generally a lot of confusion when discussing the terms assault and battery.

Back to the OP--Red brought this "assault" upon himself. This does not excuse the actions of the supervisor in question but by no means does Red come out of this with clean hands.

I don't see why anyone would fault "cut & paste".......the alternative for me would be to hand type the whole article wasting tons of time.

Posting a link doesn't insure anyone will take the time to see it. I don't know how to do pictures, but I can cut & paste the little clip arts.

Cut & paste = good !!

Cutting and pasting does ensure accuracy and is indeed much faster but does not provide us with your thoughts about an issue and can be seen as you merely handing in someone else's homework.

Sometimes I find an article that says exactly what my feelings are.....thus, no personal comments are needed. Sometime I precede a cut & paste with something like "Have you guys seen this trash......???"

Anyway, it's basically all I know how to do. Hey, I'm 62 and was on the fence with computers when they came on the scene as personal communication devices. I've really come a long way, baby !!

I love to copy and paste!!!
Much of my material is plagerized.
All wanted to do was work the term outhouse lawyer into the post.
In reality it's * * * * house lawyer or poet that I'm familiar with, but I only now found the trick to get by the site filter.
Always thought the term was kind of funny.

over9five

Staff member
Did we ever get a final outcome of this? Is the sup still with us?

I'm not going to re-read this whole thread, but I think I remember Red saying something like, "This aint over".

upsers22.3

i would file an​

Article 37
Management-Employee Relation
Section 1.​
(a) The parties agree that the principle of a fair day's work for a fair day's pay shall be observed at all
times and employees shall perform their duties in a manner that best represents the Employer's interest.
The Employer shall not in any way intimidate, harass, coerce or overly supervise any employee in the
performance of his or her duties. The Employer will treat employees with dignity and respect at all
times, which shall include, but not be limited to, giving due consideration to the age and physical
condition of the employee. Employees will also treat each other as well as the Employer with dignity​
and respect.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Did we ever get a final outcome of this? Is the sup still with us?

I'm not going to re-read this whole thread, but I think I remember Red saying something like, "This aint over".
Management in the palatine building is getting away with alot. We just had a full time sup that was caught red handed changing time cards and in doing so stealing from the preloaders. But this sup was put back to work also. Rules do not apply to management I see.

But UPS never did pay me for that day even though I spent half of it at the clinic getting a fitness for duty test, so they owe me $234.24 in lost wages plus 15 weeks of penalty as of right now which comes out to $1,756 for a total of almost $2,000. That is if I receive it this week, next week is another 4 hours and the week after and after. In the end I will probably walk away with several thousand dollars.

The 800 number is a joke! The whole HR department is a joke! So if you cant beat them at their game, find another way to beat them!

But also be prepared in case you have to defend yourself! UPS wont so it could be up to us, if the time comes.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
It was a joke.
Obvious copy and paste by Upstate.
Thought you'd be a little more relaxed in your retired position trpnkl.
Did like the "inhouse" twist though.
Upstate hates smilies, but even he has enough common sense to use one if he is joking about something. Maybe you should learn by example, in more ways than one.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Management in the palatine building is getting away with alot. We just had a full time sup that was caught red handed changing time cards and in doing so stealing from the preloaders. But this sup was put back to work also. Rules do not apply to management I see.

But UPS never did pay me for that day even though I spent half of it at the clinic getting a fitness for duty test, so they owe me $234.24 in lost wages plus 15 weeks of penalty as of right now which comes out to $1,756 for a total of almost $2,000. That is if I receive it this week, next week is another 4 hours and the week after and after. In the end I will probably walk away with several thousand dollars.

The 800 number is a joke! The whole HR department is a joke! So if you cant beat them at their game, find another way to beat them!

But also be prepared in case you have to defend yourself! UPS wont so it could be up to us, if the time comes.

I hope you get it, and I hope the crappy sup gets canned.

broncobros1

You see me as a hell raiser, why? Because i refuse to allow people and the contract to be violated? I admit there are times where people need to be scared crap-less, but not every time. Many of the times I'm in the office its the company attempting to intimidate the employee, and ifs uncalled for I will not allow it. There are managers that do not want me to show up in their center, because of this. But at the same time when an employee asks for me, the topic gets dropped. So who really is the one playing games?

Again as an employee it has been years since I was in the office needing a steward. I do my job! I deliver all my packages, call in my missorts, sheet everything correctly, make my pick ups with the 15 minute window, show up on time, no customer complaints etc. This all started because The sup did not do as he was told from his manager and he verbally attacked me. So I went to the manager and complained and then I was physically and verbally assaulted again. This is twice in two days and UPS had done nothing about it. That's the bottom line! 0 tolerance my ass!
Why does everybody pick on you?