Show of hands: who usually makes it to their union meetings?

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Went to my first one today. Honestly it was pretty hilarious. Tons of bickering back and forth with everyone. Learned a lot today all in all. I can honestly say I was probably the only part timer from ups there. Saw a bunch of drivers who ive loaded for there which was cool. I realized today how important they are, as we voted on different things. Anyone else make it to some or all of these?

rod

Retired 22 years
Our union meetings were 125 miles away on a work night. They didn't want us troublemakers from the sticks attending. Once in a blue moon they would have a special one on a Sunday (usually around contract time) and a few of us would go to them. Same thing as OP's experience. A bunch of bickering and a few hinted at promises but for the most part nothing much came out of them.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Thanks man. I should really have started going when I first started but life and such. Im hoping not to miss any now
I'm glad you went. My local has weak members, many do not attend. I've been trying to get new guys to go, they are the future, and can make a difference.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Went to my first one today. Honestly it was pretty hilarious. Tons of bickering back and forth with everyone. Learned a lot today all in all. I can honestly say I was probably the only part timer from ups there. Saw a bunch of drivers who ive loaded for there which was cool. I realized today how important they are, as we voted on different things. Anyone else make it to some or all of these?

Probably never will go. Six hours each way and the meetings are held on Sundays. Not wasting what short time I have off driving 12 hours to a useless local union hall.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
when i was a pt it was like an hour away, without traffic, and in the :censored2:tiest part of town possible

suffice to say i think the only pt who went were the stewards

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
when i was a pt it was like an hour away, without traffic, and in the :censored2:tiest part of town possible

suffice to say i think the only pt who went were the stewards

Guess im lucky that our union hall is 6 miles from my house.

Didn't even see my steward there yesterday come to think of it

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
My union meetings alternate monthly between Tuesday nights and Sunday mornings and are suspended for the summer months. I usually attend about 7 of them a year. Have two full-time stewards in my center and have never seen one of them attend a meeting.