Shuttling late air

Bearded fool

Late air is a regular occurrence at our center this time of year. I am an exception air driver. This is the first time in my four years of driving that I have been denied work. Management decided to use full time drivers to shuttle late air today instead. It has always been my understanding that this work is to go to air drivers first; this has also been the practice at our center in the past. We over hired seasonal drivers for peak, I think. Should I file a grevience?

lolbr

File. Just be prepared for them to say no. "Air driver work shall consist of delivery and pickup of air packages which, because of time and customer commitments, cannot be reasonable preformed by regular package drivers." Seems it can be done with regular package drivers, as they have extra drivers with nothing else to do.

PT Car Washer

File. Just be prepared for them to say no. "Air driver work shall consist of delivery and pickup of air packages which, because of time and customer commitments, cannot be reasonable preformed by regular package drivers." Seems it can be done with regular package drivers, as they have extra drivers with nothing else to do.
I agree with regular package car drivers, but the issue is with seasonal employees taking work from Union members.

RolloTony Brown Town

Well... as an air driver you could’ve worked as a TCD but you didn’t. When you didn’t sign up to drive for peak you allowed them to hire the seasonals. You can file as your right but be prepared to lose this grievance. Good luck to you.

opie

Not sure if you have a case. They can use fulltimers to shuttle air, including seasonals, who are fulltime. They have to give them work somehow, and that could include shuttling. You are only guaranteed 3 hours as a part time air driver.