sick days as vacation

bluehdmc

What was the warning letter for??

If it was for using your sick days, isn't that what they were for? If so grieve the warning letter.

yeldarb

You won't have to worry about money with our retirement plan?!?! Lol. I hope that's the case, but one can't be sure. I have been saving 450.00 a week for 4 years in annuities and 401k. To me, being able to afford to be retired later, without having to supplement my income with another job in retirement is more important than having "toys" now. We have no debt besides our mortgage and take a nice vacation each year. Peace of mind for myself is as valuable as any "toys". To each their own though.

GameCockFan

If you are scheduled the vacation it's yours. They can't force you to come in and work it, whether you have days or not. As a matter of fact, (I'm under Atlantic Area Supplement) we had a feeder driver combine his sick days and schedule an additional week of vacation. During the year he was sick (shingles) and was out for a week. He wanted to come in and work and was not allowed to. He had to take the vacation week with no pay. The management reasoning was "were not going to pay you twice" which of course is LOL STUPID. Someone has to cover the route and will be paid so who cares who it is. You are not paying someone twice. So what happens if you take the vacation early in the year? You can't be sick the rest of the year? Of course you can. You just don't get paid for it when you call in and take a day.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
How can he take a vacation when he doesn't have the sick days to cover it?? How fair would it be to his co-workers for him to take a week off unpaid?

Absolutely agree with you !!!!!

Then let's have all drivers take the option week vacation, and if they use up all their sick days before it, then they get 5 days off !!! RIDICULOUS !!!!!

In my center, if you choose that optional vacation, your 5 sick days or 3 personal days and 2 sick days are not even an option to be used before it.

GameCockFan

I guess UPS didn't give a damn about fair. Told him he could not work. I don't see how its unfair to anyone. No one lost any time off or money because of his vacation.

UPSGUY72

Absolutely agree with you !!!!!

Then let's have all drivers take the option week vacation, and if they use up all their sick days before it, then they get 5 days off !!! RIDICULOUS !!!!!

In my center, if you choose that optional vacation, your 5 sick days or 3 personal days and 2 sick days are not even an option to be used before it.

Either way your not getting paid.

UPSGUY72

Sure you are---you just can't take 5 dead days.

So if you take the option to use your sick days or combination of sick and personal into another week your not allowed to get sick ??? or is it if you do get sick your loses your planned vacation week no matter is you have made a non refundable deposit or already paid in full for the trip.

The only person that gets hurt if you take a dead day or week is the person that is taking it. The company it saving money.