Signing Documents

Buck Fifty

What is the right approach for the documents we are asked to sign every day? Observation forms for instance cannot be given out at 100%, so there will always be a violation the sup finds or creates to bring it down before he asks for your signature. This leaves you open to whatever made up criticism the supervisors fabricated that day to get his paperwork completed. It also leaves the company open to say you have a history of doing said fabricated incident, so signing that is not something I'm interested in. Neither is RTS if I am still admitting wrong doing. You say if you went to panel and they plop down 200 documents all with RTS on it, it looks bad, I say I have never signed or agreed to anything you are accusing me of doing wrong over the years. My main point, most sups just write "RTS" on the forms they handout knowing who signs and who doesn't ahead of time. So if my supervisor wrote RTS himself, how can that accurately confirm my acknowledgement of what is being discussed?

So, what to do with all of these documents? RTS, don't sign or just sign and move on?

Dont sign, dont even rts my brother, and definitely dont take advice from a suck up.

Buck Fifty

Nope, Tie is right. We also use them at local level hearings. Make's it kind of hard to defend yourself when you say you never have been trained....and we whip at all these documents you refused to sign. All of a sudden you start thinking about the mortgage and your family and how you are going to pay the bills.

Blah, Blah, Blah !!!

cino321

According to the National Master... and I quote:

"ARTICLE 6.
Section 1. Extra Contract Agreements
Except as may be otherwise provided in this Agreement, the
Employer agrees not to enter into, or attempt to enter into, any
agreement or contract with its employees, either individually or collectively,
or to require or attempt to require employees to sign any
document, either individually or collectively, which in any way conflicts
with the provisions of this Agreement. Any such Agreement or
document shall be null and void. Any such agreement or document
may not be placed in an employee’s file or used by the Employer as
a basis for discipline or used in connection with any disciplinary
proceeding, nor may any such agreement or document nor the contents
thereof be divulged to any person or entity.
"

Sign, don't sign, it doesn't matter. I don't sign simply because I shouldn't be even asked.

That being said, I or anyone in my center really hasn't been asked to sign for random crap in years, we do get asked usually to initial for attendance for safety PCM's and stuff.

Buck Fifty

According to the National Master... and I quote:

"ARTICLE 6.
Section 1. Extra Contract Agreements
Except as may be otherwise provided in this Agreement, the
Employer agrees not to enter into, or attempt to enter into, any
agreement or contract with its employees, either individually or collectively,
or to require or attempt to require employees to sign any
document, either individually or collectively, which in any way conflicts
with the provisions of this Agreement. Any such Agreement or
document shall be null and void. Any such agreement or document
may not be placed in an employee’s file or used by the Employer as
a basis for discipline or used in connection with any disciplinary
proceeding, nor may any such agreement or document nor the contents
thereof be divulged to any person or entity.
"

Sign, don't sign, it doesn't matter. I don't sign simply because I shouldn't be even asked.

That being said, I or anyone in my center really hasn't been asked to sign for random crap in years, we do get asked usually to initial for attendance for safety PCM's and stuff.

Thanks for looking after me cino321. Lotta stuff swimming around up there. I stand corrected

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
you guys are ridiculously paranoid

when i was an hourly, i goaded the **** out of my management every way i could think of, and still signed every document they handed me

if they really want to see you gone, having an RTS at the bottom of a few documents isn't going to save you, or damn you for that matter

UnconTROLLed

perfection
you guys are ridiculously paranoid

when i was an hourly, i goaded the **** out of my management every way i could think of, and still signed every document they handed me

if they really want to see you gone, having an RTS at the bottom of a few documents isn't going to save you, or damn you for that matter
Read the contract. I don't disagree with the bottom part of your statement, but why put your name on something that you don't have to? That's even more ridiculous.

anonymous4

What is the basis of article 6 sec 1? How can that apply to observation forms, safety audits, misload sheets? Seems like the idea for that is not what I am talking about.

cino321

What is the basis of article 6 sec 1? How can that apply to observation forms, safety audits, misload sheets? Seems like the idea for that is not what I am talking about.

These things aren't part of your job. They are interoffice documents for management. Especially like many have mentioned on this forum, in this thread, and even my own on car supervisor has told me they have to find something wrong with your methods during a safety ride or else they are not doing their job. Give me a break.

kingOFchester

Having an hourly sign "observation forms, safety audits, misload sheets" and the like is nothing more then a tactic used to encourage (better yet scare) hourlies into changing their bad habits. I am sure it works for most of the ill-informed.

CAFAL

Doesn't matter either way. Why do you think as drivers we have diad training. We're punched in and they can prove we were trained when we screw up

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Having an hourly sign "observation forms, safety audits, misload sheets" and the like is nothing more then a tactic used to encourage (better yet scare) hourlies into changing their bad habits. I am sure it works for most of the ill-informed.

So it's bad to expect hourlies to change their bad habits?