Single Vacation Days

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
yeh nor did you stand up for, inform, or try to prevent them from implementing what you know is BS....., way to hep your union brothers....
First of all you have no idea what I do or say at my union meetings.

Second this is no different than the using seasonals until January 15. I questioned all the early implementations of the contract. I was simply told yeah the union and the company agreed to it tough.

In another 20 years when I can walk at anytime I may raise a little more hell. At this point I would rather not piss off the man fighting to get my job back should it ever come to that.

Dookiebrowns

Per the new contract, you are still receiving your option week with 50 hours pay. It is being paid in the first full week of vacation instead of single days this year. That is why your single days are being paid @ 9 hours.

Do your homework.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Per the new contract, you are still receiving your option week with 50 hours pay. It is being paid in the first full week of vacation instead of single days this year. That is why your single days are being paid @ 9 hours.

Do your homework.
Did u read the thread? Not the issue.

Dookiebrowns

Dookiebrowns said:

Do your homework.

Did u read the thread? Not the issue.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/single-vacation-days.354842/page-2#ixzz2spis0yXU

Obviously need to heed my own advice. I withdraw my 1st post.:whiteflag:

OPTION3

It's not a violation of either Art. The first step in the grievance procedure is to meet and discuss the issue. In most discussions, words are necessary to convey thoughts.
The single day issue has been agreed to by the Central Region. The OP will not lose any money as the option week will be paid at 50 hours.
It is a violation---the first step was exhausted when he notified them of the shortage….talking about it AFTER the grievance is filed is a direct violation of not only the contract but federal labor laws as well

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is a violation---the first step was exhausted when he notified them of the shortage….talking about it AFTER the grievance is filed is a direct violation of not only the contract but federal labor laws as well

I personally prefer a union/mgt relationship where differences can be discussed rather than reducing everything to paper.

I have a pay shortage I will first let my mgt team try to resolve it. I provide them with all of the documentation that they may need along with a brief narrative of the issue and let them do what they can. If they are unable or unwilling to I will then prepare and submit a written grievance. 9 times out of 10 the issue can be resolved without the need for the written grievance.

OPTION3

I personally prefer a union/mgt relationship where differences can be discussed rather than reducing everything to paper.

I have a pay shortage I will first let my mgt team try to resolve it. I provide them with all of the documentation that they may need along with a brief narrative of the issue and let them do what they can. If they are unable or unwilling to I will then prepare and submit a written grievance. 9 times out of 10 the issue can be resolved without the need for the written grievance.
That works IF (huge if) you have a management team willing to work to avoid grievances…. I personally have only had a couple in my 28+ years with this company like that. My current management team could give a rat's :censored2: about your grievance( and have said it EXACTLY like that)…..When people like you have such a positive outlook as yours….I always ask them…"How many times has a pay error been in your favor?" Once again in my years of service(my experience) I have had HUNDREDS of shortages…..Only one overage. It says volumes to me!

QKRSTKR

Ok, I may be missing something as far as grievances go. First step is verbal, next day if not resolved member shall reduce to writing. Am I missing something? How can you hand a manager a written grievance when they may not even have a clue about your grievance. If they screwed up somewhere they have a right to know and fix the problem, grievance resolved. If not then file.

OPTION3

Ok, I may be missing something as far as grievances go. First step is verbal, next day if not resolved member shall reduce to writing. Am I missing something? How can you hand a manager a written grievance when they may not even have a clue about your grievance. If they screwed up somewhere they have a right to know and fix the problem, grievance resolved. If not then file.
If you go to your on road and say I have a pay shortage, here is the hours I worked, here is what I was paid for(short)--that is the verbal. How many chances do they get to fix a pay shortage? Its not your job to hold the on-roads hand and make sure he tells the center manager. When the on-road forgets, loses it, doesn't give a crap….The grievance is filed..further discussion at this point by the center manager is a violation of not only the contract but federal labor laws as well. In our supplement, if the shortage is over $15 for part-time and $30 for full time the check MUST be overnighted to you or $$$$$$ penalty pay! The reason this was added was because of what I stated in my last post… NUMEROUS pay shortages…It never ceases to amaze me how we(as a company) can keep track of millions of packages, and every second of every drivers day…But can't get paychecks right…. It's Almost like they don't want to!

Last edited:

Inthegame

Local 344 is in the Central Region, with their own Rider with slightly changed grievance procedure language.
"An aggrieved employee will reduce his/her complaint to writing and with the steward, present said grievance to the Business Manager or Supervisor. Within two working days, they will meet to discuss the grievance."

If our OP reported a payroll issue and demanded correction, you are correct and a check should be issued within two business days or the penalty kicks in. However with the agreement from the CRT to implement the two weeks of SVD, this is not a violation and discussion is proper per the local language.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/single-vacation-days.354842/#ixzz2swwQCWaz