Sit Down Before Reading The New Health Plan

MAKAVELI

The provider would be overpaid and that assumes that the insurance companies' coordination of benefits hounds don't sniff it out before then. Some insurance companies (all?) require that you tell them if you are covered by another policy; not being honest could get you into some legal trouble.
Double coverage has nothing to do with the penalty.

Serf

Fine print in the new plan basically states; don't go out of network. We ain't paying. It's actually so below average, I'm seriously thinking about dropping the medical and just keeping dental.

MassWineGuy

Here’s what my HR guy sent me re: out of area emergency or urgent care:

“*If you use an out-of-network emergency room Anthem and Cigna will pay up to a percentage of the maximum reimbursable charge (MRC) on their respective fee schedules in certain situations, such as an emergency. The fee schedules are based on a methodology using 110% of national Medicare reimbursement rates or negotiations when Medicare rates are unavailable. If the charge is more than the MRC, the portion of the charge above the MRC will not be covered by the benefit plan, and the health care professional may bill you for the remaining amount.”

Since most doctors have complained for years how low Medicare reimbursements are, I question if this is adequate.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Here’s what my HR guy sent me re: out of area emergency or urgent care:

“*If you use an out-of-network emergency room Anthem and Cigna will pay up to a percentage of the maximum reimbursable charge (MRC) on their respective fee schedules in certain situations, such as an emergency. The fee schedules are based on a methodology using 110% of national Medicare reimbursement rates or negotiations when Medicare rates are unavailable. If the charge is more than the MRC, the portion of the charge above the MRC will not be covered by the benefit plan, and the health care professional may bill you for the remaining amount.”

Since most doctors have complained for years how low Medicare reimbursements are, I question if this is adequate.
Medicare rates are painfully low.

SmithBarney

Fine print in the new plan basically states; don't go out of network. We ain't paying. It's actually so below average, I'm seriously thinking about dropping the medical and just keeping dental.
Do yourselves a favor and go to cigna's website, and price up comparable plans, why do we even get our plan from FedEx, it's much cheaper to buy your own.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Do yourselves a favor and go to cigna's website, and price up comparable plans, why do we even get our plan from FedEx, it's much cheaper to buy your own.

Where's vantexan? He's due to come on here and whine how FedEx can't afford to give raises, pay decent wages, or provide halfway decent benefits.

Oh, that's right. He's off on another owner/operator trip in his ProMaster where he'll drive 2500 miles and net $100, and then brag about how great the Trump economy has been to him.

Anyone who works for FedEx really needs to explore other options. Believe me, it's a lot better doing something else. Fred is giving you the finger, right where the sun doesn't shine. Greed and mismanagement are to blame for the bulk of the problems, and don't believe the sob stories. Fred, the upper echelon, and our Godly Pilots have done extremely well...at your expense.

Yeah, Trump's idiotic trade policies aren't his fault, but Fred has been screwing all of you since Day 1.

Leave.

vantexan

Where's vantexan? He's due to come on here and whine how FedEx can't afford to give raises, pay decent wages, or provide halfway decent benefits.

Oh, that's right. He's off on another owner/operator trip in his ProMaster where he'll drive 2500 miles and net $100, and then brag about how great the Trump economy has been to him.

Anyone who works for FedEx really needs to explore other options. Believe me, it's a lot better doing something else. Fred is giving you the finger, right where the sun doesn't shine. Greed and mismanagement are to blame for the bulk of the problems, and don't believe the sob stories. Fred, the upper echelon, and our Godly Pilots have done extremely well...at your expense.

Yeah, Trump's idiotic trade policies aren't his fault, but Fred has been screwing all of you since Day 1.

Leave.
I've already told you I'm not an owner/operator. My check coming tomorrow grossed $2420.00 in two weeks. And I have my pension too.

You don't want to hear anything except what you want to hear.

Slowturtle

Also if you fall in the category of "spouse works but is not offered/eligible for their employer's insurance" make sure to declare that during the open enrollment period. If you make no changes, they will automatically charge $150 a month and there will be no refunds!

Thanks they didn't mention that in the meeting but makes sense... seems like greed... they take care of themselves first by doing this and then wait and see if folks are paying attention if not... to bad...
I hear folks saying Fedex is loosing money... no they are just not making what they want... ex. Fedex pays a quarterly dividend of .65 per share this is a percentage of their profits and they haven't changed it in the last year...
FDX: Dividend Date & History for FedEx
FDX has 260 million outstanding shares X .65 =$169,000,000 per quarter
in fact they are so hard up (not) that they haven't even slowed there share buyback program (a worthless program unless your a director holding millions of shares... number of outstanding shares have declined (steadily buying them back from the open trading market) as shown by the declining chart FedEx Shares Outstanding 2006-2019 | FDX
greed greed greed is all I see

Slowturtle

Link ---- 14 Dividend-Rich Executives ----
When you scroll down look at what company CEO is the top Millionaire club member for dividend payouts... good ole Fred just like after the recession paying himself first in a big way while... everyone else cinches their belt a little tighter

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Link ---- 14 Dividend-Rich Executives ----
When you scroll down look at what company CEO is the top Millionaire club member for dividend payouts... good ole Fred just like after the recession paying himself first in a big way while... everyone else cinches their belt a little tighter
Looks like Fred’s been eating well these days too. If he went back to college now his fraternity name would be “Flounder.”

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Leave.

So glad to see that you've moved on from FedEx!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Need to protect the vulnerable from the shill trolls. You know....you.

I know if I was vulnerable, I'd trust the anonymous paranoid guy on the internet who spends inordinate amounts of time on a website bashing a company that doesn't employ him and melting down when he is presented with anyone who doesn't hate the company as much a he does.

That's the guy I'd trust because it's obvious he doesn't have any issues or anything and he seems 100% normal.