Sit Down Before Reading The New Health Plan

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I know if I was vulnerable, I'd trust the anonymous paranoid guy on the internet who spends inordinate amounts of time on a website bashing a company that doesn't employ him and melting down when he is presented with anyone who doesn't hate the company as much a he does.

That's the guy I'd trust because it's obvious he doesn't have any issues or anything and he seems 100% normal.

It's good that I scare you. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

dezguy

I know if I was vulnerable, I'd trust the anonymous paranoid guy on the internet who spends inordinate amounts of time on a website bashing a company that doesn't employ him and melting down when he is presented with anyone who doesn't hate the company as much a he does.

That's the guy I'd trust because it's obvious he doesn't have any issues or anything and he seems 100% normal.
As opposed to the elitist know it all that can't make a comment without feeling the need to inject snarkiness into the conversation in an attempt to start an argument?

bacha29

At the heart of the matter is that Ground contractors the majority of which offer no employer funded healthcare plan for their employees may be serving as an incentive for what would appear to be a hollowing out of the Express employee healthcare plan with the eventual goal of a complete elimination of the plan altogether. When you consider the fact that while Express provides the corporation with a sizable majority of it's total revenue Ground provides 66% of it operating income. Don't think that Fat Freddy hasn't seen that and may have set out to in his mind make things right.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
At the heart of the matter is that Ground contractors the majority of which offer no employer funded healthcare plan for their employees may be serving as an incentive for what would appear to be a hollowing out of the Express employee healthcare plan with the eventual goal of a complete elimination of the plan altogether. When you consider the fact that while Express provides the corporation with a sizable majority of it's total revenue Ground provides 66% of it operating income. Don't think that Fat Freddy hasn't seen that and may have set out to in his mind make things right.
Make no mistake, Fred, his cronies and the pilots (of course) have the best insurance plans available with little or no cost co-pays. They would all balk if offered the same plan as the grunts have.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Make no mistake, Fred, his cronies and the pilots (of course) have the best insurance plans available with little or no cost co-pays. They would all balk if offered the same plan as the grunts have.

Yep. I know a bunch of pilots and none of them (even the retired ones) will say a word about pensions, insurance, and wages. I know from various pilot sites that FedEx is one of the highest paying jobs out there, but the information stops at salary.

It's pretty obvious they do VERY well in comparison to the rest of the workforce. This is a big contributing factor to the decline of Express IMO. The maxim that "you get what you pay for" is coming home to bite Fast Freddie in the butt. Low pay and poor benefits equals non-productive employees who could care less about getting the job done right.

btrlov

I thought the 150 surcharge is pretty brutal considering every(even menial) job offers some sort of alternative health insurance.In this new scheme, using such insurance is more costly to the spouse but really its an extra cost to the household.

Problem is everybody wants quality healthcare, nobody wants to pay for it or they want someone else to pay for it. That's y socializing medicine keeps popping up in the national discussion.

Whats driving the cost up so rapidly year over year. Is it insurance middleman?is administrative? Is it lawsuits? Is it unpaid ER visits from the indigent.Is it practitioner salaries ?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The maxim that "you get what you pay for" is coming home to bite Fast Freddie in the butt. Low pay and poor benefits equals non-productive employees who could care less about getting the job done right.
I know a lot 'em have just plain given up or just do the bare minimum. Can you blame them?

Whats driving the cost up so rapidly year over year. Is it insurance middleman?is administrative? Is it lawsuits? Is it unpaid ER visits from the indigent.Is it practitioner salaries ?
CEO salaries carry much of the blame. They've gotten real greedy, like Fred.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I thought the 150 surcharge is pretty brutal considering every(even menial) job offers some sort of alternative health insurance.In this new scheme, using such insurance is more costly to the spouse but really its an extra cost to the household.

Problem is everybody wants quality healthcare, nobody wants to pay for it or they want someone else to pay for it. That's y socializing medicine keeps popping up in the national discussion.

People want to be able to consume whatever level of healthcare they want on demand and they don't want to pay for it. This isn't unique to healthcare, it's true of any good or service. It drives up costs to those who provide it and consume it.

Most of us determine how much we'll consume based on how much it'll cost us and how badly it's needed - just like anything else. Those who enjoy subsidized care don't have to worry as much about those things and have no reason to make such decisions.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
People want to be able to consume whatever level of healthcare they want on demand and they don't want to pay for it. This isn't unique to healthcare, it's true of any good or service. It drives up costs to those who provide it and consume it.

Most of us determine how much we'll consume based on how much it'll cost us and how badly it's needed - just like anything else. Those who enjoy subsidized care don't have to worry as much about those things and have no reason to make such decisions.

In other words, FedEx healthcare sucks and so does Fred. Thanks for sharing your Trumpian wisdom and stable genius.

Serf

Setting a "no out of network coverage" mandate basically means we (Express) have an agreement with the doctors in your network on what we are willing to pay. And what they are willing to accept. The best Doctors in your region are not on your networks plan because they cost too much, and we don't want to pay for that level of care.
Oh, your new plan doesn't have your current Doc on in that you've been seeing for the last decade? Just drive an extra 30 miles down the road for a Plan approved Physician. It does suck.

MassWineGuy

Emergency out of network coverage worries me. The plan will pay 110 percent of the going Medicare rate. That rate hasn’t changed in years and most doctors complain that the amounts are very outdated and too low.

So, if the ER charges $5,000 and the plan pays $2,000, you pay the rest. In my case, the hospital would have to drag me to court to get an additional dime.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Setting a "no out of network coverage" mandate basically means we (Express) have an agreement with the doctors in your network on what we are willing to pay. And what they are willing to accept. The best Doctors in your region are not on your networks plan because they cost too much, and we don't want to pay for that level of care.
Oh, your new plan doesn't have your current Doc on in that you've been seeing for the last decade? Just drive an extra 30 miles down the road for a Plan approved Physician. It does suck.

Yep. You don't get the best doctors and you might have to travel halfway across your county and/or region who does accept the terrible plan. Just always remember that FedEx has "Industry Leading Benefits", which is only true if you compare it to the express industry in Bangladesh.

Serf

Yep. You don't get the best doctors and you might have to travel halfway across your county and/or region who does accept the terrible plan. Just always remember that FedEx has "Industry Leading Benefits", which is only true if you compare it to the express industry in Bangladesh.
Haha. With Health costs skyrocketing annually, Express can still save face by saying all part timers get benefits after 90 days, no lay off, etc. Do you think they love the idea that some guy with 5 kids can come in to work as a Handler for 3 hrs a night and Express has to insure all his family? They can taken to the wood shed on that deal. I'm not apologizing for the plan though. Express will regulate what you the consumer can have. Even if it's C- Doctor care.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Emergency out of network coverage worries me. The plan will pay 110 percent of the going Medicare rate. That rate hasn’t changed in years and most doctors complain that the amounts are very outdated and too low.

So, if the ER charges $5,000 and the plan pays $2,000, you pay the rest. In my case, the hospital would have to drag me to court to get an additional dime.
You negotiate a cash settlement with the ER, (commonly @30% of the bill), then file a reimbursement claim from insurance. And don’t forget to use CYC to cover any unpaid expense.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The pilots are well compensated because they are organized simple.....

Yep. The pilots got smart real fast when Smith started to play with their scheduling. He was proposing things like having pilots toss freight before flying and other demeaning tasks well below the godly status of our pilots. I saw the letter in the pilot room at our ramp, and the Chief Pilot actually mentioned being quasi-handlers and how unhappy the scheduling deal made him.

So, they formed an in-house union that wan't very strong. Then they got real smart and joined ALPA and immediately threatened to stop flying during Peak. This got Smith's immediate attention, and they've been on Easy Street ever since.

Too bad we have the RLA and Express Carrier Exemption.

zeev

What a great deal for the pilots how could Freddy let them go on strike when the rest of the company has PSP. You go to the ramp and the pilots are at the gate with signs.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What a great deal for the pilots how could Freddy let them go on strike when the rest of the company has PSP. You go to the ramp and the pilots are at the gate with signs.

The pilots know how to clamp Fast Freddies tiny little balls in a vise. No pay/No fly is a lot of leverage.