Sit Down Before Reading The New Health Plan

MassWineGuy

Oh yes, the HRA. My wife is having shoulder surgery in January so I imagine we’ll use those funds for that.

For dental, I belong to the ppo so I could keep seeing the same dentist. I never noticed before, but that plan covers 50 percent of a crown and is limited to. One crown every 60 months (or 5 years, whichever comes first). That’s insane. Why, you’d almost think they’d prefer zero coverage.

MAKAVELI

Oh yes, the HRA. My wife is having shoulder surgery in January so I imagine we’ll use those funds for that.

For dental, I belong to the ppo so I could keep seeing the same dentist. I never noticed before, but that plan covers 50 percent of a crown and is limited to. One crown every 60 months (or 5 years, whichever comes first). That’s insane. Why, you’d almost think they’d prefer zero coverage.
Yep, our dental sucks, big time.

MassWineGuy

I stand corrected. I called Cigna and was told the one crown per 60 months means one crown per tooth, not how many different crowns one can get.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I stand corrected. I called Cigna and was told the one crown per 60 months means one crown per tooth, not how many different crowns one can get.

No. Your dentist will actually provide you with one Burger King crown every 60 months. An actual dental crown is not covered unless the Sun explodes and Martians start ruling the planet...but only if it's on a Tuesday in a Leap Year.