Skipping seniority

Rack em

Made the Podium
To preface this, about a month ago I was skipped in seniority on a Saturday because the sup wanted to get this guys yearly s&v ride out of the way. I had plans that day anyway so I didn't mind, I was only upset that I wasn't even offered the work when I had seniority over the other guy and I made sure to express that to my sup. I don't care what crap you have to get done, you can't skip seniority whenever it's convenient for you!

So I am driver 26 our of 28 in my center and volume has been lacking so I have been laid off a lot. Last week I only worked 2 days for a whopping 15 hours. On Friday a lot of people called in sick including one of two air drivers so we had all drivers working. Since the air driver called in on a Friday I assumed he would call in Saturday too so I texted him and asked if he would be calling in on Saturday and he said if he still felt bad then yes. Since a lot of drivers won't ever work Saturday it's usually me or the 27th driver who fills in.

Well I wake up Saturday and am expecting a phone call which I never get so I assume the air driver wasn't sick anymore and worked. Later in the day I drive to the other air drivers house to help with put up drywall in his garage. He asked why I didn't work with him that day since I had been laid off so much. I get instantly pissed because AGAIN the SAME sup called in the lower seniority driver before even calling me! Apparently the 27th driver didn't separate his air on Friday night so they had him do a few Saturday air stops and then drive about 90 miles to the closest hub to drop off the stranded air packages. I don't know if they thought that was a punishment for him or not, but either way it's bull:censored2: because that was MY work.

So I will be grieving it this time. How many hours will I be paid? Is it based on the hours he worked on Saturday or will I get either 4 or 8 hours?

542thruNthru

That was his excuse that day.

He is a FT driver like me, with less seniority.

Well I don't know how it is there but if it was here. I'd think because you let them slide before they think they can do as they please because either A. They think you don't know the rules. Or B. They think you don't have the sack to do anything about it.

I'd make sure they learn not to mess with you.

luckster

I was hired as a PT air driver and a FT delivery driver opened up. I was told I cannot bid for it because I have to wait a year? I thought PT have more of an advantage over off the street hire? Why can I not bid for this position? Any one know why?