Smokin' Gun Joe gets POTUS pardon

rod

Retired 22 years
I still wear my Sheriff Joe tee-shirt I bought out in Arizona years ago. Its always good for a conversation starter. I think I will wear it tomorrow to the races. There was a time when Sheriff Joe was loved by everyone except illegals and crooks. Now days it seems like everyone under 50 loves the illegals and crooks.

MAKAVELI

I still wear my Sheriff Joe tee-shirt I bought out in Arizona years ago. Its always good for a conversation starter. I think I will wear it tomorrow to the races. There was a time when Sheriff Joe was loved by everyone except illegals and crooks. Now days it seems like everyone under 50 loves the illegals and crooks.
Maybe you should get a shirt that says I love sheriff Joe, friend* the 4th amendment.

Sportello

I guess you don't know any brown people in Maricopa county.

Put that piece of dung in pink underwear, feed him green bologna and gave him spend a month in a tent In the AZ Summer.

Human garbage, he is.

It will be fine

You know he was arresting and holding without charge anyone that looked Mexican, right? You might as well wear a klan hood for a conversation starter.

rod

Retired 22 years
You know he was arresting and holding without charge anyone that looked Mexican, right? You might as well wear a klan hood for a conversation starter.

I never said the guy was perfect---I just said at one time early in his career he was like a god and could do no wrong by the law abiding citizens of Az.

BrownArmy

I was gonna try to get witty, but honestly, the article in the above link sums it up perfectly.

The Constitution provides three co-equal branches of government, each with separate powers: it's the best Venn diagram ever.

If Trump were to pardon Arpaio, he would be severing the balance between the executive and the judiciary, basically nullifying the judiciarys 'check' on the executive.

Forget Trump and Arpaio for a second, is this expansion of Presidential reach a good idea?

What a horrible precedent: it could easily turn into 'do what I say, even if it's illegal or unconstitutional, and I'll just pardon you'.

This power-grab is exactly what the founding fathers were trying to deny by setting up our government the way they did.

And, for the Trump fans out there, if Obama or (gasp) Hillary had tried to do something similar to this, you'd be having aneurysms.

Just saying.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I was gonna try to get witty, but honestly, the article in the above link sums it up perfectly.

The Constitution provides three co-equal branches of government, each with separate powers: it's the best Venn diagram ever.

If Trump were to pardon Arpaio, he would be severing the balance between the executive and the judiciary, basically nullifying the judiciarys 'check' on the executive.

Forget Trump and Arpaio for a second, is this expansion of Presidential reach a good idea?

What a horrible precedent: it could easily turn into 'do what I say, even if it's illegal or unconstitutional, and I'll just pardon you'.

This power-grab is exactly what the founding fathers were trying to deny by setting up our government the way they did.

And, for the Trump fans out there, if Obama or (gasp) Hillary had tried to do something similar to this, you'd be having aneurysms.

Just saying.
Every Prez does it.
Obama did it more than any Prez.