Smokin' Gun Joe gets POTUS pardon

BrownArmy

Other than most, if not all, were convicted by a jury of their peers ... what else?

Guy, Arpaio hasn't even been sentenced yet.

By all reports, Trump didn't bother to consult the DOJ.

Maybe he's practicing preemptive pardons, like he might give to his associates, or his son, or himself!

I realize you like to be a contrarian, but don't pretend that this is business as usual.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Guy, Arpaio hasn't even been sentenced yet.

By all reports, Trump didn't bother to consult the DOJ.

Maybe he's practicing preemptive pardons, like he might give to his associates, or his son, or himself!

I realize you like to be a contrarian, but don't pretend that this is business as usual.
Y'all are so funny!

Returntosender

If I become president I going pardon everyone who murdered people out of revenge. I the revenge party will be born out this political environment

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
What would you have done w Richard Nixon? Honest question.
ive never studied him in detail, except for Vietnam post-Tet but my understanding is that he was a fantastic president up until watergate

i would have had G Gordon Liddy rot in jail for life, but removal of Nixon from the Presidency, a lifetime ban on holding public office, and maybe a heavy fine or light jail sentence would probably be sufficient

It will be fine

I never said the guy was perfect---I just said at one time early in his career he was like a god and could do no wrong by the law abiding citizens of Az.
He faked an assisination attempt for political gain.

He created tent cities at his prisons keeping people in the Arizona sun at temps up to 145 inside the tents. He proudly called these tent cities his concentration camps.

And again, he arrested and held without charge plenty of law abiding citizens because they had brown skin.

Arapio is a pig. Trump is supporting racist violations of the constitution. The sun rose in the East.

wayfair

swollen member
He faked an assisination attempt for political gain.

He created tent cities at his prisons keeping people in the Arizona sun at temps up to 145 inside the tents. He proudly called these tent cities his concentration camps.

And again, he arrested and held without charge plenty of law abiding citizens because they had brown skin.

Arapio is a pig. Trump is supporting racist violations of the constitution. The sun rose in the East.

1i0ugs.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
So what do you think the 9th circuit court will do next?

It's getting interesting. If a president simply goes around pardoning political allies, at what point does all faith in the institutes of government completely fail? Today it's one sheriff in Arizona, why not all a Wall Street banker convicted of money laundering next week?

Non sequitur

So...a sheriff (or anyone for that matter) can decide which courts they want to comply with?
This is why elections count, and why litmus tests are important. Once they're judges you have to follow their decisions.
Should have been a prisoner swap with lopez-rivera that's right Obama already pardoned him.

Last edited by a moderator: