smoking

DS

Fenderbender
I know smoking is probobly the next worse addiction than heroin.
My mom used to send me to the store when I was a kid to get her a pack of smokes and it cost 45 cents,I`d get a ton of goodies for the 5
5 cents change.Way back when smoking was cool.

upsdude

I remember going for my required annual physical when I was a police officer. The city physician would be seated behind his desk with a cigarette burning in the ashtray. The well over 300 lb doctor would puff away while telling me to lose weight and get more exercise. Those were the days!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I remember the first dentist that I regularly saw, smoked while he drilled away. I remember my first child being born and the harley chick in the next bunk smoked Kools alllllllllllllll.................... dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....long..............Now its illegal to smoke in the car in most parking lots of a hospital. I think thats good, and Im a smoker. I think the laws for bars and restuarants being REQUIRED to be non smoking is wrong. Its a bad habit, 30 yrs ago we didnt know, now we do. I think since its that bad, it should be illegal. But it never will be because of the taxes the govt gets from the sinners. There is a new drug out, I cant think of the name, but the nurses at the hospital I recently spent time at, all swear by it. We are going on it the 7th. I could quit easy, but some people are addicted, and the cardioligist said it is harder than quitting heroin or cocaine, and that is hard to believe to someone without the habit. For those of you who never started God loves you. Its tough.

moreluck

golden ticket member
There was also smoking in movie theaters. Here, there is no smoking in bars or restaurants and I don't mind. I only get upset when they start talking about no smoking outside in the open air where nobody else is around.

They are even talking about not being able to smoke in your own house/condo if you share a common wall with anyone......

When we go anywhere, I just assume there will be no smoking and I smoke on the ride to & from. Thank goodness for Vegas!!

upsdude

There was also smoking in movie theaters. Here, there is no smoking in bars or restaurants and I don't mind. I only get upset when they start talking about no smoking outside in the open air where nobody else is around.

They are even talking about not being able to smoke in your own house/condo if you share a common wall with anyone......

When we go anywhere, I just assume there will be no smoking and I smoke on the ride to & from. Thank goodness for Vegas!!

If a business owner decides to make their eating/drinking establishment “No Smoking”, that’s their decision. I don’t have a problem with it, to me it’s the same as them deciding what food to serve etc. Yes, I’m fully capable of waiting until I leave to light up a cheap generic menthol light.

What gets me is it’s OK for a person to drive up walk in and drink alcohol. God forbid they light up a cigarette!

over9five

Staff member
I don't smoke, but I disagree with bans on smoking in bars and restaurants. The business owner can decide whether or not to allow smoking, AND the customers can decide whether or not to give him their business. (I would choose a smoke free restaurant).

I think it's insane you can't drink a beer in your car on the way home from work, BUT you can have 8 beers in a restaurant and then drive home.

Channahon

It surprises me that nicotine has not been declared illegal.

Oh wait, that can't happen, because it would be less taxes for the county and states, and then they would have to find something else to tax. Although, I'm not sure there is anything left to tax.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think you are right, there is nothing left to tax, so they just keep taxing all the sins more, and anything else they can, like now, services.

DS

Fenderbender
I think you are right, there is nothing left to tax, so they just keep taxing all the sins more, and anything else they can, like now, services.
They are proposing a tax on bottled water here.
A pack of butts costs $10.00 here now...unless you buy the
aboriginal ones they sell on reserves,and they are horrible.
If they tax me much more I`m going to get Lobo after them.

trickpony1

It surprises me that nicotine has not been declared illegal.

........it surprises me too.

The carbon monoxide in cigarette smoke binds to hemoglobin 4 times greater than oxygen.....hence the "high" produced by depriving the brain of oxygen.

If alcohol and tobacco were discovered today they would both be controlled substances.