So how does that justify people judging me .........

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
So how does that justify people judging me

i dont want to pick on anyone undeservedly, so i started a new thread.

first off, when you post and if we get the wrong impression of someone here, its because we read what you posted. might be in jest, might be as a joke, but because it is the written word, we have no indication of that unless you let us know it is a joke (see smiley faces at right)

not too long ago, a guy posted that his whole life was screwed because of that is mama did or didnt do.

heck, the guy is 18-19, just now going out into the world and getting a job?

im sorry, you hit 18, how can all the defects in your life get blamed on your mama? you are a lazy bum that would rather run with your friends and hang, go to the gym and work out, instead of getting a job and helping out your family that is trying to get by on food stamps. everything and i mean everything wrong in his life he claimed was his mamma's fault, and he was only an innocent victim.

sorry, you might start out one, but to stay a victim, you gotta want to stay one. but the only thing we could respond to was what was posted.

same with what gets posted. usually your first post, and screen name sets the tone as to how you are perceived.

and if we get the wrong impression, where does the fault lie?

d

Last edited by a moderator:

ih8tbrn

Banned
I guess when you get right down to it, I don't care what a bunch of anonymous internet people think about my posts or my screen name. You just about sucked me in, but I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with anybody over trivial matters.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND

you think this is just about you. its not. i only used your post as a simple sample of a wider issue.

so dont take it personal. its not just you.

d

ih8tbrn

Banned
OK.....off on the wrong foot. I really don't intend to be the bad guy, I guess I just have a different sense of humor than most people.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
sense of humor........

as long as you dont come here thinking united pot smokers, or "what do you get when you cross ups and fedex" are new and original.........

so getting on the right foot, what type of humor gets you tickled?
d

ih8tbrn

Banned
sense of humor........

as long as you dont come here thinking united pot smokers, or "what do you get when you cross ups and fedex" are new and original.........

so getting on the right foot, what type of humor gets you tickled?
d

Crap....The fedex joke was gonna be my next bit. I have a dry sense of humor, I like the subtle jokes that you kinda have to think about. I'm almost 40 years old and I get a kick out of watching Spongebob with my daughter. I think it's funny but she's too young to get a lot of the jokes.

Leftinbuilding

i dont want to pick on anyone undeservedly, so i started a new thread.

first off, when you post and if we get the wrong impression of someone here, its because we read what you posted. might be in jest, might be as a joke, but because it is the written word, we have no indication of that unless you let us know it is a joke (see smiley faces at right)

not too long ago, a guy posted that his whole life was screwed because of that is mama did or didnt do.

heck, the guy is 18-19, just now going out into the world and getting a job?

im sorry, you hit 18, how can all the defects in your life get blamed on your mama? you are a lazy bum that would rather run with your friends and hang, go to the gym and work out, instead of getting a job and helping out your family that is trying to get by on food stamps. everything and i mean everything wrong in his life he claimed was his mamma's fault, and he was only an innocent victim.

sorry, you might start out one, but to stay a victim, you gotta want to stay one. but the only thing we could respond to was what was posted.

same with what gets posted. usually your first post, and screen name sets the tone as to how you are perceived.

and if we get the wrong impression, where does the fault lie?

d

I would add, right or wrong, avatars give me an impression of the poster. Some negative, some positive. I guess I think that what people use to express themselves kinda opens a window to their personalities.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
with my daughter. I think it's funny but she's too young to get a lot of the jokes

that reminds me. my daugher loves slap stick a lot. i think it came from the first time she ever ran to me for me to pick her up. problem is i did not see her coming nor did i see her lower her head.

she thought (and still thinks to this day) that for so little effort, it was so funny to see dad groaning on the floor. stinker!

d

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
My daughter did the same thing. When I was keeled over she grabbed my wallet. Must have learned that move from her Mother.

chev

Nightcrawler
Crap....The fedex joke was gonna be my next bit. I have a dry sense of humor, I like the subtle jokes that you kinda have to think about. I'm almost 40 years old and I get a kick out of watching Spongebob with my daughter. I think it's funny but she's too young to get a lot of the jokes.

Oh, thank God I'm not the only adult that gets a kick out of Spongebob. Patrick is a trip. lol

d is right. It's sometimes very difficult to tell if someone is being humorous or not when it comes to written word. After you have been around long enough, members tend to "get" your type of humor.
ie......hoaxter. We all know he is good for a funny post. Some very dry humor, sometimes it is an inside joke and sometime it is blatantly, gut bustingly (if that is really a word lol.) funny.
Emoticons really help a lot.
Damn, I wish I could use em on this blasted phone, but I can't.
(insert grinning smiley here)

Last edited:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
My daughter did the same thing. When I was keeled over she grabbed my wallet. Must have learned that move from her Mother.
that reminds me

not long after she did that, i ended up losing my checkbook. two weeks and couldnt find it. the kind you put in your back pocket with the top stub.

just happened to ask my daughter if she knew where it was

"uh huh"

"where is it"

"in my car in the glovebox."

"why is it in your car in the glovebox"

"i need a baycation bad"

i guess she was planning a trip to the beach in her barbie corvette.

lucky for me, it was green and the batteries only lasted long enough to get to the end of our long driveway.

d

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I guess when you get right down to it, I don't care what a bunch of anonymous internet people think about my posts or my screen name. You just about sucked me in, but I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with anybody over trivial matters.

I thought your screen name was I hate to burn, just as I thought trplnkl was triple link. I figured them both out.

As for avatars, I always feel like the person posting is speaking in that characters voice, and really, it could just be a picture they like. Mine says what I want it to say about me.

I'm not anonymous.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"As for avatars, I always feel like the person posting is speaking in that characters voice, and really, it could just be a picture they like. Mine says what I want it to say about me."
That's a good idea,Steve, but I'd be willing to bet that over 50% of the browncafe residents don't know how to post a picture. Sometimes a cartoon picture will post in one of my jokes, but it's purely by accident.

rod

Retired 22 years
That's a good idea,Steve, but I'd be willing to bet that over 50% of the browncafe residents don't know how to post a picture.

That would be me. It is probably a good thing that I don't know how as I tend to get myself into enough trouble the way it is.:peaceful: