So in order to get paid you have to actually picket

Ihatebrown

What did you expect
honestly I don't know, I've been at ups 22 years and never experienced a strike in my life. I just thought we didn't come to work I didn't know we were expected to still report work at 6:30 pm and picket until our shift is over.
What happens if I don't picket?

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
honestly I don't know, I've been at ups 22 years and never experienced a strike in my life. I just thought we didn't come to work I didn't know we were expected to still report work at 6:30 pm and picket until our shift is over.
You don’t get strike pay and not confirmed but maybe lose benefits depending on where you’re at

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You get no strike pay
Why can’t you chill on the picket line

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

If I'm taking a $1,500/wk paycut to walk a line for you to get a raise, I'll burn your :censored2:ing house down if you don't show up.
It’s people like this being the reason why I don’t want to strike and will be furious at if we strike. Striking for part timers who won’t be around long enough to benefit or won’t rise up to better paying positions. Meanwhile I have kids to feed and a roof to over their heads to pay for. Then when I come back I have to face the prospect of not even having a job.

It’s people like this being the reason why I don’t want to strike and will be furious at if we strike. Striking for part timers who won’t be around long enough to benefit or won’t rise up to better paying positions. Meanwhile I have kids to feed and a roof to over their heads to pay for. Then when I come back I have to face the prospect of not even having a job.
It's gonna be ugly.

HarryWarden

You guys act like part timers are a different race or something. Every one of you was part time at one point also. There were lazy :censored2:s when you guys started too, and there were lazy :censored2: part timers in the 80s also, and they got paid the equivalent to $33 an hour after inflation

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

You guys act like part timers are a different race or something. Every one of you was part time at one point also. There were lazy :censored2:s when you guys started too, and there were lazy :censored2: part timers in the 80s also, and they got paid the equivalent to $33 an hour after inflation
Part timers make 10-12$ more an hour than I did when I started. I also didn’t linger. I signed the driver list as soon as I could and moved up the ladder.

Do you treat different races differently? Not healthy bro.

Top rate was equal to $55 an hour, when I get that you can have your $33.