So in order to get paid you have to actually picket

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
You guys act like part timers are a different race or something. Every one of you was part time at one point also. There were lazy :censored2:s when you guys started too, and there were lazy :censored2: part timers in the 80s also, and they got paid the equivalent to $33 an hour after inflation
No. I was a bust ass when I started. But thanks.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
You get no strike pay
Why can’t you chill on the picket line

because at 6:30 Happy Hour is almost over. I only work 3 hours anyway......I may show up, but honestly I just want the days offs.

Simple fix...show up at early at the picket line and start having their "Happy Hour" (which is generally free...).. Your time commitment would only be 4 or less hours, also you can also schedule yourself in before you get hammered or after you get hammered (only if you are a happy drunk)...

:fishbashsmile: :strikesmileys::strikesmileys::strikesmileys: :chaseups:

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Honestly, I still don't think we're walking.
Have we even seen a full proposal from the union or company? I’ve seen bits and pieces of PDFs and screenshots but without anything verifying they’re legitimate. A couple news articles about what’s been discussed and both sides saying each other walked away from the table. How could we even be asked to strike without seeing what was negotiated or denied? Haven’t seen or heard a thing from my local. No one has been to our building to talk to anyone. Not even a text, email or robocall.

Have we even seen a full proposal from the union or company? I’ve seen bits and pieces of PDFs and screenshots but without anything verifying they’re legitimate. A couple news articles about what’s been discussed and both sides saying each other walked away from the table. How could we even be asked to strike without seeing what was negotiated or denied? Haven’t seen or heard a thing from my local. No one has been to our building to talk to anyone. Not even a text, email or robocall.
There hasn't been an official LBFO, so it can't be proposed to us. Without a LBFO or a TA they can't tell us :censored2:. NDAs are a bitch sometimes.

HarryWarden

Do you treat different races differently? Not healthy bro.

Top rate was equal to $55 an hour, when I get that you can have your $33.
Well here’s an idea, how about instead of spending so much of your energy worrying about part timers getting a little bit more money, you focus on corporate shareholders and the ceo raking in billions every year

They’re playing you for a fool and your falling for it

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Teamsters are afraid if they let us vote it will pass and the part timers won’t get dick
Full timers will mostly push it threw

Well here’s an idea, how about instead of spending so much of your energy worrying about part timers getting a little bit more money, you focus on corporate shareholders and the ceo raking in billions every year

They’re playing you for a fool and your falling for it
I don't understand, you want an equal rate in relation to 1982, so do I. Seems fair, no?

Teamsters are afraid if they let us vote it will pass and the part timers won’t get dick
Full timers will mostly push it threw
I'm sure of it, and I'm really curious what the PT offer is from the company. He hasn't complained about the FT increases, so I'd guess they're substantial given the recent wins in other contracts. But like I said, I'd guess there has to be a reason the company won't give a LBFO. If they thought we'd vote it through and SOB didn't want that, it would put the ball in his court. Company can say either he offers it to us or HE chooses to put UPS on strike. Would probably do wonders for UPS in the media anyway.

Yes it does seem fair. The difference is I’m not on here bitching about you getting a significant raise
The difference is I'm realistic. I'm not bitching about you getting a raise, I've already gone on record, with you specifically, that I wish you got paid close to what I get paid so they'd get rid of as much PT as possible. The reality is that you'll get a little bit and you'll have to eat it. They'll offer us a contract that favors FTers and you and your boys won't show up. Again.

HarryWarden

I'm sure of it, and I'm really curious what the PT offer is from the company. He hasn't complained about the FT increases, so I'd guess they're substantial given the recent wins in other contracts. But like I said, I'd guess there has to be a reason the company won't give a LBFO. If they thought we'd vote it through and SOB didn't want that, it would put the ball in his court. Company can say either he offers it to us or HE chooses to put UPS on strike. Would probably do wonders for UPS in the media anyway.
Do we need to vote on it before strike though? I thought I read no one saw the proposal for the 97 strike either

Do we need to vote on it before strike though? I thought I read no one saw the proposal for the 97 strike either
It's up to the committee. If they choose to refuse it without a vote, we don't get a shot. With the turmoil over the voting last time and the changes made to the constitution regarding the importance of majority votes, I'd be pretty pissed if they took it out of our hands.