So it has come to this...

vantexan

They let fires burn out on federal land because they know it's a natural process. Something I would think someone with Native American heritage to understand.
No, they weren't letting fires burn out, something someone with liberal ideology should be aware of. It's resulted in forests with a huge supply of "fuel" on the ground that's causing these monster fires. Climate change is an excuse for failed policies.

clipperman

No, they weren't letting fires burn out, something someone with liberal ideology should be aware of. It's resulted in forests with a huge supply of "fuel" on the ground that's causing these monster fires. Climate change is an excuse for failed policies.
They fight fires here on federal land as well,it’s the national parks they stay away from,unless there are some historical sites they want to protect

MAKAVELI

Yes they do. National Forests have a policy of no mechanical equipment to fight fires unless life and property are in danger. They will try to cut containment lines and let it burn. The excess fuel is a result of climate change and weather patterns change wildfire patterns. Ttku.

vantexan

They fight fires here on federal land as well,it’s the national parks they stay away from,unless there are some historical sites they want to protect
True, but that's the problem. They were extinguishing small fires instead of letting them run their course. Now we have these monster fires due to all the unburned branches on the ground, etc, and it makes for much bigger fires. The climate change advocates are pointing to the big fires and claiming it's due to climate change.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
"Everyone knows" what the problem is, but no one has a good solution. The left has essentially been hinting at the idea that half, or more, of the human population needs to be wiped out. I call bs on that, and really even the entire premise. "Everyone knows" is the only reason why so many people "believe" in the crisis. Herd mentality being used to keep the herd under control. Have fun being lead to the slaughter.

clipperman

Yes they do. National Forests have a policy of no mechanical equipment to fight fires unless life and property are in danger. They will try to cut containment lines and let it burn. The excess fuel is a result of climate change and weather patterns change wildfire patterns. Ttku.
Not national forests here,just national parks and wilderness areas have no mech equipment policies,dug lots of dozer line on Forest Service land

vantexan

Nope.

vantexan

"Everyone knows" what the problem is, but no one has a good solution. The left has essentially been hinting at the idea that half, or more, of the human population needs to be wiped out. I call bs on that, and really even the entire premise. "Everyone knows" is the only reason why so many people "believe" in the crisis. Herd mentality being used to keep the herd under control. Have fun being lead to the slaughter.
I wonder if the Chinese government isn't doing more to curb pollution because they hope it'll kill off a big chunk of their population. They put up with air pollution there that we would never accept here.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I wonder if the Chinese government isn't doing more to curb pollution because they hope it'll kill off a big chunk of their population. They put up with air pollution there that we would never accept here.

They aren't doing more because of the cost of being responsible is more than they are willing to pay. They can and will murder people straight up, if it suits their purpose.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Population is a problem, hard to deny that.

clipperman

I wonder how our forests survived before the industrial revolution.
The same way they do now,the fire of 1910 did a lot of house cleaning,mab were overdue for another one of that size,can you imagine the outrage if the government said next summer we just are gonna let em all burn because we need to clean some things up

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Population is a problem, hard to deny that.

Certainly seems that way, but who gets to decide who dies? Population has stabilized, however, and will not likely ever surpass 11 billion, if those who study demographics are to be believed. Better resource management and understanding of natural systems should be enough to sustain us until the sun burns out and the oceans boil away.

MAKAVELI

The same way they do now,the fire of 1910 did a lot of house cleaning,mab were overdue for another one of that size,can you imagine the outrage if the government said next summer we just are gonna let em all burn because we need to clean some things up
They let them burn now. That's what containment lines are for.

floridays

You know how a lot of fires are started? Human activity. All it takes is a spark and the winds will make the fire explode in size. Fire season is almost year round in CA. There is simply too much risk, not enough man power to clear every bit of old growth. The problem is not the wildfires in general as it is nature's way of clearing old growth and germination of seedlings. It's how the climate has now making them explode in size and speed making them unmanageable pushing them into suburban areas.
You are partially correct, it has nothing to do with climate however. It has to do with suburban areas spreading into high risk areas, and not managing the risk. Why the risk is not managed is left to politicians and the people that populate these areas.

clipperman

They let them burn now. That's what containment lines are for.
They don’t let them burn here,mab in CA they do,they build containment lines and then backburn towards the fire to starve it of fuel and put it out,wilderness areas and national parks are the only places they watch it burn

MAKAVELI

They don’t let them burn here,mab in CA they do,they build containment lines and then backburn towards the fire to starve it of fuel and put it out,wilderness areas and national parks are the only places they watch it burn
Wilderness designates no life or property. Which is exactly what I stated.