So ugggh when we fighting for 22.4's rights?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Heffalump, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Heffalump

Heffalump Member

Since we're back in the 80's. Tell me how tf your supposed to move work for 60 hours a week @ STRAIGHT TIME?!
    I say we need overtime after 40/hrs or $50 top rate one or the other and I'll move boulders for all I care. Just don't kill me for a pos "concession".

2. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

Throwing boulders is actually my dream job

3. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

My OT is after 5 hours at $51.97/hr. I am not taking a cut in pay.

4. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut Proud Deplorable

tenor (50).gif

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Heffalump

Heffalump Member

Yea sure, I'm only a little poor and my employment only subsidizes your $50+ rate. Rub it in a lil less will ya lol

6. Elmo.goes.to.prom

Elmo.goes.to.prom Active Member

You are always welcome to quit

7. Heavy Package

Heavy Package Well-Known Member

I've got two in my pants you can start with. Comes with a free copy of the new contract.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  8. Heffalump

Heffalump Member

Why would I? Im partially vested and I bust my ass. Im not giving in that easy.

9. Heffalump

Heffalump Member

22.4's don't even seem remotely humane but your right somebody will take the job.

10. PT Car Washer

Try loading or unloading trailers in the Summer heat. All for $10/hr and no benefits. 22.4 job would sound great for $30+/hr. And the opportunity to make $40/hr in a couple years.

11. DOK

DOK Well-Known Member

And then the next context we’ll have to “fight for the rights of the poorly treated 22.4’s!!” Which means I, as a 35 year employee at that point, will get less.

12. Brownsocks

Brownsocks Just a dog

What good is $40 if im only working 20 hours a week? The people negatively affected by this have families and have staked everything on UPS. Record economic conditions and UPS just won the game. Sad day for unions in America. Wouldnt doubt if Justice Roberts uses this contract on his majority opinion on why the court ruled in favor of national RTW.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Tony Q

Tony Q Well-Known Member

Don’t worry. Sean Obrien will be in charge then and it will all be fixed. You are looking at the glass as half full. Sean will be the lead negotiator in the next contract. He will have the hammer. It can’t get worse, only better.

14. Tony Q

Tony Q Well-Known Member

How will you be working 20 hours a week?

15. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

What does “partially vested” mean?

16. PT Car Washer

That would be $800/wk or $40,000 a year. Talk about a dream job.

17. DOK

DOK Well-Known Member

Yeah, can’t do much with $40g, kids, house, college, save for retirement

18. PT Car Washer

Plenty of time to find a second job. How much is FedEx paying these days? I really think you are being silly if you think UPS is going to cut your job down to 20 hours a week.

19. Brownsocks

Brownsocks Just a dog

I wasn't being literal. Even if they cut us to 40 we lose. Why would anyone vote to take money out of thier own pockets? My fear is they raise progression pay and cut me to 40 or less. I wont be grossing even close to what im bringing home now.

20. Brownsocks

Brownsocks Just a dog

I love working for UPS, and hope they do the right thing with the power they were just handed. Guess we will find out if its profit or people soon enough.
    I want that damn carrot they promised me when i first started.