So what are yall thoughts parttimers

Trucker Clock

Looks like the volume didn’t decrease

Looks to me like it fell off them jumped right back up for peak

RPS was about to go under. But the strike lost some volume to RPS, which FedEx bought in 1997. The strike was the reason FedEx Ground even exists today. We got the volume back because RPS really sucked.

There was no Amazon and the the Post Office couldn't handle package delivery. We were about all there was. And major shippers that did come back vowed never to come back again if there was another work stoppage.

FedEx Ground may not nearly be as good as us, but they are far better than they were. And screw some of our huge accounts twice, and we shall see. They vowed to never come back.

TeltBender

I’ll make it real simple for you.

1. $30 per hour ain’t gonna happen.

2. If there is a strike, you can expect to be on the unemployment line for a long time because the bottom 25% of package car drivers will be laid off and displacing part timers to get their 8 hours.

3. While a strike may be necessary to force the Company’s hand, it will hurt us a lot more than it will hurt them. It will just cost them money, via lost volume. It will cost us 25% of the workforce. Look at the seniority list and see where you fall.
25% of the workforce don’t even know what a union is so I think it’s a worthy trade

Trucker Clock

25% of the workforce don’t even know what a union is so I think it’s a worthy trade

What’s a worthy trade?

Trade 25% of the workforce to teach UPS a lesson?

We lose 25% of the workforce, maybe permanently, and UPS loses a few dollars.

Who wins?

They barely started the Supplements and haven’t even touched the Master.

Give them a chance, both sides, before you go trading 1/4 of the workforce for no reason.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I never worked pre load. I was hired off the street. Work a week, off a month. Work a day, off three days.
When I got a good preloadeder trained (charts, preferences, etc.), it wasn't long until he was gone. The training started again.
I guess nowadays, a half blind, deaf mute can look at sticker and go in and out the back of a truck.

Last edited:

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Give me half of what a full timer makes per hour. If I am considered part time then I desire half the amount to what they make per hour. Let there be a progression so there’s an incentive to stay with the company along with better pension credits. The cream will eventually rise to the top.