So what ever happened to work life balance?

El Correcto

god is dead
I thought we would be begging for overtime and you’d have to be using your seniority just to get it. This is probably going to be my worst peak yet. 14 hour days and snowballing service failures leading to even more outrageous dispatches.

El Correcto

god is dead
It’s after you retired and left promising to never return.

Management announced work life balance and began slashing everyone’s overtime for a couple of months. With all the concessions that were made under the new contract the RPCDs were supposed to be free from any unwanted overtime. Yet here we are, still getting slammed with unwanted overtime.

I’m just curious when is this greatest contract ever going to kick in and when will I get my 8 hour days again.

El Correcto

god is dead
This thread is mostly sarcastic and rubbing in the fact that those concessions will not lower RPCD overtime and failed to do so even before peak. We will always be slammed with overtime and short on drivers.

MattM

Problem is, they DQ 9 out of 10 people I know. 28th day, or 29th day for stupid reasons. We're always short handed

22.4s that want to drive FT but seniority guys gobble up the OT, and then complain about it.

There's no great balance with union jobs

barnyard

KTM rider
Problem is, they DQ 9 out of 10 people I know. 28th day, or 29th day for stupid reasons. We're always short handed

Everyone that signed up, qualified in my building and they are still way short. This is the 1st year that my building has rolled loads on days with nice weather.

El Correcto

god is dead

22.4s that want to drive FT but seniority guys gobble up the OT, and then complain about it.

There's no great balance with union jobs
The cynical part of me thinks it was a ploy to get those overtime guys off the 9.5 list and learning who they could harass by depriving them of overtime if they don’t opt off the list.