So What If...

Babagounj

Strength through joy
My grandfather was born in 1919, died in 2001. Learned to drill water wells and years ago if you lived in the country in Florida you had to have a well drilled to have water. So he did very well for himself and family. Now there are suburbs and developments everywhere with their own water systems. And a lot more well drillers. So competitive that he stopped drilling by his 70's and just did repair work. Times change, availability of good jobs like factory jobs go overseas, and remaining jobs are rendered obsolete by automation. The only real saving grace is that the baby boomers are such a large generation that when we finally all get out of the way it'll increase opportunities for younger adults. And we haven't even touched on what to do with the millions of illegals that keep pouring in. I suspect that if finding a job becomes very hard then even Democrats will be for booting illegals out.
I am one of 13.
My father was born in 1910.
Died in 1999.
He was a boxer while at college.
My mother was a grade school Teacher.
The day she announced her marriage, she lost her job.
( those were the rules back then )
My father worked two part time jobs.
In the mornings he was a judge.
In the afternoon he worked as a lawyer.
( he is most famous for a case that he lost )
By the time the youngest arrive , the oldest was graduating college.
As my mother would say when we asked to see a movie was to wait until it was on TV.
I'm still waiting.

vantexan

I am one of 13.
Died in 1999.
As my mother would say when we asked to see a movie was to wait until it was on TV.
I'm still waiting.
Are you sure you want to give up your documentary work to be a UPS driver?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I am one of 13.
Died in 1999.
I'm still waiting.
Did I ever tell you my parents were BLIND?

bacha29

I am one of 13.
Died in 1999.
I'm still waiting.
Must have been awfully fast on his feet if he could argue a case in front of the bench and still be able to run up behind it in time to hear it.

bacha29

Big Tech, Big Education are actively working with corporations to make this happen. Democrats are the party most aligned with Big Tech and Big Education while Republicans actively support corporate interests. They're all in this together. You say get out in front of this then tell me not to worry about problems that haven't even happened yet. Yep, I'm saying the powers that be are selling us down the river and we need to start voting for people who will protect working class Americans. And I might as well spit at a hurricane. So let's sit back and enjoy the show and I hope I die before they take Social Security away.
Same old hypocritical V. The guy who started this thread asked that due to the seriousness of the issue partisan politics be left out of the discussion but true to his nature in no time at all he was attacking the Democrats despite his full and complete knowledge that Democrat sponsored social programs will play a key role and have a major impact on the quality of his life in the near future.

vantexan

Same old hypocritical V. The guy who started this thread asked that due to the seriousness of the issue partisan politics be left out of the discussion but true to his nature in no time at all he was attacking the Democrats despite his full and complete knowledge that Democrat sponsored social programs will play a key role and have a major impact on the quality of his life in the near future.
If you look at it closer I pointed out that both parties are in this together making it happen. You need to get beyond partisan politics and realize that the powers that be are making sure they are taking care of themselves first, not poor Americans who will be the most impacted.