So whats the problem with 804

tieguy

Banned
Looking through the TDU site I decided to review 804's supplement to see the new language on the pension that got voted down. Not sure if the TDU site screwed up but there appears to only be two pages of changes on the 804 supplement and nothing on the pension. Is this a typo by the tdu site? If not then what on those two pages required the supplement get voted down?

browned out

You may need to read it again. I'm sure 804 had this summary. Maybe someone can post it for you or you can use your sherlock holmes like skills to dig it up.

Section 3

Reciprocal aggrement is included in the summary plan description of the UPS multi-employer retirement plan. The local 804/477 plan and the UPS pension plan.

tieguy

Banned
You may need to read it again. I'm sure 804 had this summary. Maybe someone can post it for you or you can use your sherlock holmes like skills to dig it up.

Section 3

Reciprocal aggrement is included in the summary plan description of the UPS multi-employer retirement plan. The local 804/477 plan and the UPS pension plan.

K. which means what?

browned out

K. which means what?

Kinda means you would have to see the 804 pension summary. I am sure 804 did not vote it down based on the terminology in the supplement but in their pension plan. They might have acutually asked to see the above summary and decided to read it.

to which UPS replied " I hate those damn people who actually read the contract like those in NY"

TDU should post the summary or someone from 804 will.

local804

Looking through the TDU site I decided to review 804's supplement to see the new language on the pension that got voted down. Not sure if the TDU site screwed up but there appears to only be two pages of changes on the 804 supplement and nothing on the pension. Is this a typo by the tdu site? If not then what on those two pages required the supplement get voted down?

What exactly are you looking for Tie?
Wording on no more 25 and out? repayment on pension contributions?
I am not sure what you are looking for but dont think the TDU site can help ya much there.
lmk what exactly you need

tieguy

Banned
Kinda means you would have to see the 804 pension summary. I am sure 804 did not vote it down based on the terminology in the supplement but in their pension plan. They might have acutually asked to see the above summary and decided to read it.

to which UPS replied " I hate those damn people who actually read the contract like those in NY"

Browned are you pinging? Someone reading the changes to the supplement would say there is nothing there as I just did.

tieguy

Banned
What exactly are you looking for Tie?
Wording on no more 25 and out? repayment on pension contributions?
I am not sure what you are looking for but dont think the TDU site can help ya much there.
lmk what exactly you need

Looking for the changes to your pension plan. And looking to see if they are part of the supplement offer? Or are they being made seperately by the pension trustees?

1timepu

I though 804 pension was cut by as arbitraitor before the contract vote........local177 the arbitraitor was waiting for the outcome of the contract, I think 804 turned it down because of this, their Arbitraitor should have waited also

local804

The pension was cut by 30% and did not have to go to an arbitrator due to a 5-3 trustee vote. Local 177(NJ) vote was deadlocked so they needed it to go to an arbitrator for a final descision. UPS is willing to loan us the money for the 30% last year to be put back into the pension. We will pay it back by only getting a .25 cent raise when the rest of the country gets .35 an hour. So to answer your question, no 804 was not cut by an arbitrators descision.

wkmac

If not then what on those two pages required the supplement get voted down?

OK Tie, this is total breech of Teamster protocol but I'm gonna fill you in anyway. It's the Christmas season now and well all here that are IBT members got together and realized how entertaining this contract cycle was for you. We also realize that this would end so sudden and might put you into a state of depression going into the holiday season and we just couldn't do that to your family. So we went to our individual locals and it was voted on that Local 804 would vote down the contract knowing it would scuttle the supplement on the first go and give you another month or more of filling your belly with your passion. We figured by the time all was said and done for a 2nd vote that we'd be past the Christmas season and your family would be safe.

Now since coming here and saber rattling at Local804 and 705RED among others over the contract is like sex to you...........

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM ALL YOUR IBT BUDDIES AT THE BROWNCAFE!!!!!!
:wink2:

tieguy

Banned
The pension was cut by 30% and did not have to go to an arbitrator due to a 5-3 trustee vote. Local 177(NJ) vote was deadlocked so they needed it to go to an arbitrator for a final descision. UPS is willing to loan us the money for the 30% last year to be put back into the pension. We will pay it back by only getting a .25 cent raise when the rest of the country gets .35 an hour. So to answer your question, no 804 was not cut by an arbitrators descision.

804 thats what I was wondering. I thought the pension had been reduced by the trustees.

So at this point you're holding up the supplement to get the teamsters and UPS to come up with a solution for the pension?

local804

804 thats what I was wondering. I thought the pension had been reduced by the trustees.

So at this point you're holding up the supplement to get the teamsters and UPS to come up with a solution for the pension?

Now I see what you were asking......
I believe the pension reduction started Jan 1 of this year but was voted on last summer. Allthough I am sure the pension is a major issue for our members, there are some other little kinks we have to work out. Some wording must be changed and made clear in black and white so it can NOT be interpreted 5 ways from under the sun. I think its pretty clear to our union what we need done and I really dont think any of it is unreasonable and wont be corrected by either side. This is just my opinion.

wkmac

Local804,
I saw your post where you guys will take $.10 from the $.35 raise and put towards your pension (I hope I understood that correct) so if I may I'd like to throw out a couple of questions just to understand where you guys are at.

I'll assume with a pension reduction you guys are kinda where we CSers were back in 2004' when we had ours cut, so if you guys have an underfunded issue, are you under the 80% threshhold (critical status) that the new ERISA rules will effect come Jan. 08'? If so, will the reduction in pension payouts coupled with the reduction in raise help you guys out if you are currently under that 80% threshhold?

I don't know all the specifics of your situation but having been twisted in 50 different directions by our own CS problems, I sure hope for you guys that you can work it out in such a way that everyone is happy. Best of luck and do whatever you need to do to take care of yourselves and your families first. That's what important and if you do that no matter which way you go, I'll support you all the way!

We made our mess down here with CS and I've always felt that we should be the only ones to suffer the wage cut to pay for the bailout (should have cut the wage in 2004') but we are where we are. Best of luck going forward to you guys.

ogrelord

Ground Down
I hope the 804 holds out till they get the best contract they can. If the 804 sticks it to ups will be better for the rest of us in the long run. maybe they base are next contract on what the 804 gets this time. won't the 804 be in a postion to ask for what ever they want? UPS wants so bad out of the CS pension they roll over to the 804, and i hope they stick it to them.

wkmac

I hope the 804 holds out till they get the best contract they can. If the 804 sticks it to ups will be better for the rest of us in the long run. maybe they base are next contract on what the 804 gets this time. won't the 804 be in a postion to ask for what ever they want? UPS wants so bad out of the CS pension they roll over to the 804, and i hope they stick it to them.

When I heard they voted down their supplement I immediately thought the same thing. You have a point that 804 could in some way be setting the table for 2013'.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Local804,
I saw your post where you guys will take $.10 from the $.35 raise and put towards your pension (I hope I understood that correct) so if I may I'd like to throw out a couple of questions just to understand where you guys are at.

I'll assume with a pension reduction you guys are kinda where we CSers were back in 2004' when we had ours cut, so if you guys have an underfunded issue, are you under the 80% threshhold (critical status) that the new ERISA rules will effect come Jan. 08'? If so, will the reduction in pension payouts coupled with the reduction in raise help you guys out if you are currently under that 80% threshhold?

I don't know all the specifics of your situation but having been twisted in 50 different directions by our own CS problems, I sure hope for you guys that you can work it out in such a way that everyone is happy. Best of luck and do whatever you need to do to take care of yourselves and your families first. That's what important and if you do that no matter which way you go, I'll support you all the way!

We made our mess down here with CS and I've always felt that we should be the only ones to suffer the wage cut to pay for the bailout (should have cut the wage in 2004') but we are where we are. Best of luck going forward to you guys.
This is a similiar pension plan that those of you in cs will be put into, its a ups teamster only plan and its under funded. To my understanding the ups trustees brainwashed the mechanics union trustee to vote against the 804 teamster trustees which started the ball rolling. Now the upsers have to borrow from the company that screwed them in the first place in order to restore benefits they deserve. Good luck to ex csers and hopefully the screwing doesnt continue.

tieguy

Banned
This is a similiar pension plan that those of you in cs will be put into, its a ups teamster only plan and its under funded. To my understanding the ups trustees brainwashed the mechanics union trustee to vote against the 804 teamster trustees which started the ball rolling. Now the upsers have to borrow from the company that screwed them in the first place in order to restore benefits they deserve. Good luck to ex csers and hopefully the screwing doesnt continue.

Sounds like an ugly conspiracy by the evil empire to screw the working man. Looking at history guys I see that 177 and 804 raised their payouts in 2002. At that time 9/11 has happened and destroyed everyones investments. The stock market is further reeling from enron and other corporate scandels taking place. Any chance these plans overextended by raising their payouts at that time? Wouldn't it have been a little more wise for those same trustees to tighten their belts to ride out the storm that was engulfing them at that time?

705red

Browncafe Steward
Sounds like an ugly conspiracy by the evil empire to screw the working man. Looking at history guys I see that 177 and 804 raised their payouts in 2002. At that time 9/11 has happened and destroyed everyones investments. The stock market is further reeling from enron and other corporate scandels taking place. Any chance these plans overextended by raising their payouts at that time? Wouldn't it have been a little more wise for those same trustees to tighten their belts to ride out the storm that was engulfing them at that time?
Tie you are an amusing cat! Its funny how you make excuses for the sep plans that ups has on behalf of ups, but at the same time you blame the teamsters for the cs plan. At least have the stones to say *ya know red i think ups really mishandled this*, but no ups never does anything wrong in your eyes! All 3 plans suck and havealot of blame to go around just as long as none of it sticks to ups i guess!

local804

I am a little curious to see where these payouts were raised in 2002 and if so what type of increase. Clearly, if any increase, would not constitute for a 30% reduction.