So who won the debate?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Do you know if these loads are being set up by Coyote?

I'm sure some are, but we can see packages going out our hub doors with UPS Freight trailers. Ask someone here that works out of CACHIL, or out of Louisville. It's happening everywhere. There are grievances being filed nationwide over this issue. The fact is, when our freight is being moved by subcontractors outside of the peak periods specified in the Master agreement, our international has the power to stop it almost immediately by telling the company it is strikeable offense, just like the company could fire anyone involved in a wildcat strike.

Having said that, we don't have to strike, but the mere threat would put enormous pressure on the company to stop subcontracting. That is something that should be dealt with on the national level. Unfortunately, that isn't being done. And frankly, this is an issue that threatens everyone here.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Any chance you could provide a link to that ?

I've had people confuse contractors, with UPS sleeper teams.

-Bug-

Well, most of the various feeder Facebook pages are by invitation only, so I'm not posting pictures off any pages I'm involved with here. But if you work in a hub of any significant size, I encourage you to go talk to some of the drivers. They'll be more than glad to talk to you about it. From what I've seen and heard, this is happening all over the country, particularly in the big hubs.

And there is no mistaking a gypo from a sleeper team. UPS sleeper rigs are required to have a company ID on the doors of the tractor. Driving down the highways at night, say a 9.5 turn, I see way too many of our trailers being hauled by gypos. I know some MAY BE Coyote pulling one of empties to go get a Coyote load. And I'm not against Coyote using an empty UPS trailer to pull non-bargaining work. But all we have to do is get the trailer number and ask a dispatcher where it came from. And more often than not, it is coming off a sort from one of our hubs. This is unacceptable.

Look, I absolutely don't ever want to go on strike again. But it is our last tool in the bag. Subcontracting, if continued, will eventually break us. We all know how UPS operates. If they can get away with it, it will only grow. Something needs to be done.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Are there any of our guys being laid off/displaced as a result of the subcontracting?

Valid point, and a pertinent fact.

Well, most of the various feeder Facebook pages are by invitation only, so I'm not posting pictures off any pages I'm involved with here.

Yawn.

No guts, no glory.

Most feeder drivers....talk mindlessly on their radio, or cell phone.

Show me one, that has the balls to file a grievance.

(the ensuing excuses will follow)

Are the dispatchers obligated to disclose that information?

Yep.

It's easy.

-Bug-

UPS Preloader

So there are no more 6 hours?

We weren't discussing whether or not it was still there. The 6 hour jobs with no OT after 5 hours happened under H&H watch, not Z's. At Z's request H drove up to local 89 to try and get the 6 hour jobs rescinded and he was unsuccessful.

Bottom line, no OT after 5 hours was H&H doing, not Z's.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
We weren't discussing whether or not it was still there. The 6 hour jobs with no OT after 5 hours happened under H&H watch, not Z's. At Z's request H drove up to local 89 to try and get the 6 hour jobs rescinded and he was unsuccessful.

Sorry son. I'm sure your just going by what you are told.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Yeah z wasn't involved in that......but he thought it was such a bad move he hired the guy as an adviser a few years later.......he's 2 faced and good at getting uneducated people to follow him

Inthegame

(the ensuing excuses will follow)

-Bug-
Your lucky day. I filed hundreds of grievances, mostly winners and usually on behalf of (as a steward), of course that's when I wasn't mindlessly talking on the radio...

10 point

Yawn.

No guts, no glory.

-Bug-

Our feeder drivers file whenever it's a valid violation.

One just got four wks penalty pay for getting his vacation pay late (WAY late) and when they paid him his grvnce pay late he filed on that too.

Another one has an extra work grvnce waiting for a local hearing.
Neither one has or will back down or take a settlement less than owed.

We only have three runs here if you're thinking they're a minority of the total feeder driver manning.

5habits100

Only going by what H told all of us during the debate.
H also told us that Fred flip flopped, Fred offered money to Slawson after he was charged, Fred brought a guy back on that he sued, Fred kept a steward on hat assaulted a member, Fred got .64 in 6 years, Fred negotiated concessions in contract like Tony on his ticket and a whole bunch of other things Fred should be removed from office in his local for.