So who won the debate?

Inthegame

If 100,000 members incur this $400 annual deductible, TeamCare will save $40million on our backs.

Make no mistake, we will assume an ever increasing cost for our healthcare, instead of UPS, the company who's making it hand over fist.

Thanks H&H?

SMH

For the H&W benefit, UPS paid or will pay on average an additional $20 per employee per week each year in this current CBA. That's means an additional $1000 (52 X $20=$1000 rounded down) per year that will be paid, not if, on your theoretical 100,000 members. (That membership number is much larger BTW) That's $100 million additional obligation to UPS in year one. Now year two comes and they pay another $100 million plus year ones $100 million as a base increase AGAIN in year two. (In successive years one must add the prior years increase to the current years increase.)

By the end of this CBA, that equals $1.5 billion in additional H&W costs. Hope they keep making it hand over fist.

Yes, members could be paying a portion of their H&W if they seek service with the deductible, but make no mistake UPS will be paying a substanially greater amount to their employees H&W plans.

So I agree, thanks KH.

quamba 638

The first year was only about 7-8 months(?) of TeamCare. 4-5 months of the plan you had prior to the ratification of the CBA. Not sure what you're reading.
The first year it started June 1st I believe.
I'm referring to my tax forms W-2's line 12 before teamcare the amount in that box was over 17k. I am trying to find it but can't right now. The either the first or second year of Teamcare that amount went down to 4-5k it gone up since. But not back to what it was.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1473043177.985262.jpg

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
For the H&W benefit, UPS paid or will pay on average an additional $20 per employee per week each year in this current CBA. That's means an additional $1000 (52 X $20=$1000 rounded down) per year that will be paid, not if, on your theoretical 100,000 members. (That membership number is much larger BTW) That's $100 million additional obligation to UPS in year one. Now year two comes and they pay another $100 million plus year ones $100 million as a base increase AGAIN in year two. (In successive years one must add the prior years increase to the current years increase.)

By the end of this CBA, that equals $1.5 billion in additional H&W costs. Hope they keep making it hand over fist.

Yes, members could be paying a portion of their H&W if they seek service with the deductible, but make no mistake UPS will be paying a substanially greater amount to their employees H&W plans.

So I agree, thanks KH.
They are, and they will "keep making it hand over fist".
Until they aren't, we should not have incurred any additional cost for health care.
Considering what we do, it was least the Company could do to protect their" industrial athletes ".

Our benefits should have been the last thing touched, but instead hourly wage increases was.

Why?....follow the dues money.

10 point

So I agree, thanks KH.
TLDR BTW

10 point

Maybe it's where I live but every hospital doctor dentist optometrist ect ect take Teamcare. lol of them usually tell my wife or I how good it is as well.
40,000 in this city. Gotta drive out of town for at least 45 mun to 1 hr to get blood drawn in network.
"Every hospital doctor dentist optometrist ect ect..."? Not even close here.

Luke Thighrocker

Maybe it's where I live but every hospital doctor dentist optometrist ect ect take Teamcare. Most of them usually tell my wife or I how good it is as well.

I've heard that a time or two myself. None of those providers have bothered to remind me that, I am but a "lowly truck driver".

Big Union Guy did. So, there's that, I guess.

I've heard that a time or two myself. None of those providers have bothered to remind me that, I am but a "lowly truck driver".

Big Union Guy did. So, there's that, I guess.
I wouldn't say any of us is a lowly truck driver. I would say we are the highest paid in the industry and way at the top of the food chain.

Luke Thighrocker

I wouldn't say any of us is a lowly truck driver. I would say we are the highest paid in the industry and way at the top of the food chain.
Big Union Guy did. "astute truck driver" was his verbiage

A quick reminder that a plebeian like myself and thousands of others like me, are clueless in matters of labor negotiations.

Folks like him get to hang out in the Playboy Mansion grotto.

Folks like me get to sweat over whether I bust my Orion miles by 5+/-.

10 point

So I agree, thanks KH.

Does that mean better prolonged benefits for members or bigger salary increases for those in control?

A quick reminder that a plebeian like myself and thousands of others like me, are clueless in matters of labor negotiations.

I thought you went up to feeders?

I've found that there are a lot of "astute truck drivers" as BUG allegedly said. When you are dealing with people in life or you've been dealing with members for longer than a minute his verbiage is pretty right.