So who won the debate?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
How're you doing in your ongoing battle with Cheryl? Looks like an issue of credibility...which makes you the underdog.

The issue will resolve itself, between two grown adults.

Thats a lame attempt.... at trying to "spike the ball".

I wouldn't expect anything less, from TDU supporters.

-Bug-

Brown Spider

The issue will resolve itself, between two grown adults.

Thats a lame attempt.... at trying to "spike the ball".

I wouldn't expect anything less, from TDU supporters.

-Bug-

I'm pretty sure that Belly understood my comment about his credibility. And, while I am not a member of TDU, I couldn't care less about your expectations. Shouldn't you be out there taking care of your 2,000 members?

Luke Thighrocker

Could you clarify it, for everyone ?

Not everyone.... is such an astute "truck driver" like you. :biggrin:

Constant deflection, and constant whining.

Absolutely, no appreciation.... for what you have.

-Bug-

I asked you once to, make an argument to sway a lowly truck driver like me believe in the future of the old guard.

You neglected to respond. I don't know who you are but, I suspected you held a position of respect within the union that I pay dues into and contribute the maximum amount to DRIVE. Suppose, I fooled myself into thinking I'm important. Suppose, I felt like I was part of something greater than myself .

"Absolutely, no appreciation.... for what you have."

Are you for real? An astute "truck driver" like me might ask you, "Do you know what I do for what I have?" "Do you know, I'd do it for less?" "Do you know, I hold you fully accountable for the daily misery I live with?"

I worked in a hurricane today. Can you say the same?

Do you "work" at all? Look down your nose at "truck drivers" like me.

November approaches.

I'm pretty sure that Belly understood my comment about his credibility. And, while I am not a member of TDU, I couldn't care less about your expectations. Shouldn't you be out there taking care of your 2,000 members?
She wasn't truthful in her rebuttal. It's her site and it's an anonymous Internet forum. Who really cares what she said. She's not family my wife or even a friend. Why would I care. Try and type fat boys name or mr. Gingivitis in here and you won't be able to do so either. The fall under a tos violation. I love as posting their pictures and videos and a bunch of vaginas cried about me. @realbrown1 said he's quit the site. @804brown had a meltdown as well. A certain know it all also betrayed out friendship and reported me as well. He admitted to it on the open forum. So me being the loyal H20 supporter I am I turned the tables. Another principle officer of an eastern local was accused of running over a member and it was a lie. This lie was posted on this site for over 14 hours.

Bottom lin who cares.

10 point

Could you clarify it, for everyone ?

Not everyone.... is such an astute "truck driver" like you. :biggrin:

Constant deflection, and constant whining.

Absolutely, no appreciation.... for what you have.

-Bug-

We have solidarity that gets us where we want to be...or did have.
We have an aggressive opponent that keeps us pushing back to keep what we do have.

This sort of dismissive attitude towards the members is parallel to so called "absolutely, no appreciation... for what YOU have"

I wonder if TDU talks down to people who give them $45 a year like the ones we give about $1100 a year to?

Gimme Danger

Voting Z will put us in the street. He is angry and will definitely strike ups. He's unreasonable and a vote for him is a vote to strike ups.
You say this like it's a bad thing. I'm not saying it's good or bad, but the '97 strike won us the best gains in our contract. We can't give up our weapon of last resort before the IBT even begins negotiations.

You say this like it's a bad thing. I'm not saying it's good or bad, but the '97 strike won us the best gains in our contract. We can't give up our weapon of last resort before the IBT even begins negotiations.
Putting ups on the street with a post office that delivers 7 days a week Amazon waiting in the wings and Fedex delivering 6 days a week would destroy ups as we know it. You do realize that a full timer at ups is in the 52 to 60 dollar range verse a Fedex worker at 15 to 34 dollar package?

I don't know how old you are but 97 was a different world from 2016.

futile process

Hoffa/Hall are in the ups pocket book. Ups allows their supporters onto ups property to campaign for them. I have witnessed this personally. The CEO of ups put out a statement in support of Hoffa/hall in 2011.
That is enough for me NOT to vote for the company's hand picked Union leaders.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

H/hall are in the ups pocket book. Ups allows their supporters onto ups property to campaign for them. I have witnessed this personally. The CEO of ups put out a statement in support of H/hall in 2011.
That is enough for me NOT to vote for the company's hand picked Union leaders.

The labor/management relationship need not be adversarial to be beneficial for all involved.

10 point

The labor/management relationship need not be adversarial to be beneficial for all involved.

IMG_20160904_094532.jpg

Looks like you've knowingly stepped in it again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

View attachment 95270

Looks like you've knowingly stepped in it again.

Negotiations are just one part of their overall relationship. How long do they meet over the contract? 6 months? 1 year? We have had 5 year contracts now for 3 cycles, which means that the two have to work together away from the table for 4 years at a time.

I'll bet that if you read a bit further you would have seen where "give and take" is also a vital part of every negotiation at every level.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Negotiations are just one part of their overall relationship. How long do they meet over the contract? 6 months? 1 year? We have had 5 year contracts now for 3 cycles, which means that the two have to work together away from the table for 4 years at a time.

I'll bet that if you read a bit further you would have seen where "give and take" is also a vital part of every negotiation at every level.
I bet if you ever got out from under the desk, that you would realize that UPS doesn't bargain in good faith.

Before the ink is even dry, UPS is scheming on how to get around what they just signed off on.

They are successful because of weak-kneed Teamsters like you.

10 point

Yep. We gave and they took.

Let's make it a 5 yr progression for pt timers moving to full time jobs next time since they vote in smaller percentages.

Oh, I forgot, you never worked pt time at UPS.
It's a game of chess and we know who the pawns are.
With the pt time turnover rate soaring even in smaller buildings I'm sure their issues will be cannibalized even more next time especially since there'll be lots of new hires if this trend continues.