So who won the debate?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The question is...how much will we be paying for our insurance next contract with h/hall? Concessions, concessions!
Notice how the $400 annual deductible was conveniently slid into the plan in 2017, just months after the General Election?
If 100,000 members incur this $400 annual deductible, TeamCare will save $40million on our backs.

The pundits for TeamCare on this site love to tell us how well funded it is, with a surplus.
If this is truly the case, and is forecasted by the actuarial data to remain that way, why is this annual deductible necessary?

Make no mistake, we will assume an ever increasing cost for our healthcare, instead of UPS, the company who's making it hand over fist.

Thanks H&H?

SMH

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Deductibles and co-pays work to lower our overall healthcare costs.

Huh?

It's true. Annual deductibles and co-pays force consumers to decide whether they really need to go to the ER with the sniffles or whether the generic version of a script is acceptable.

Last I heard our (Upstate NY) healthcare plan had an 18 month surplus.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Huh?

It's true. Annual deductibles and co-pays force consumers to decide whether they really need to go to the ER with the sniffles or whether the generic version of a script is acceptable.

Last I heard our healthcare plan had an 18 month surplus.
Deductibles and co-pays work to take unprecedented money out of my pocket, negating the most recent 40¢ raise.

Thanks H&H

SMH

10 point

Huh?

Last I heard our healthcare plan had an 18 month surplus.
Your plan.

futile process

You say this like it's a bad thing. I'm not saying it's good or bad, but the '97 strike won us the best gains in our contract. We can't give up our weapon of last resort before the IBT even begins negotiations.

It is the est. $6,000,000 a week in dues that h/hall care about. The members are just pawns in this ponsi scheme.
The labor/management relationship need not be adversarial to be beneficial for all involved.
Yep. We gave and they took.

Let's make it a 5 yr progression for pt timers moving to full time jobs next time since they vote in smaller percentages.

Oh, I forgot, you never worked pt time at UPS.
It's a game of chess and we know who the pawns are.
With the pt time turnover rate soaring even in smaller buildings I'm sure their issues will be cannibalized even more next time especially since there'll be lots of new hires if this trend continues.

UniteandWin

Im not voting Z, but you can't be scared to strike? Don't overextend yourself, plus the strike fund is actually doing good

Sent using BrownCafe App

quamba 638

Notice how the $400 annual deductible was conveniently slid into the plan in 2017, just months after the General Election?
If 100,000 members incur this $400 annual deductible, TeamCare will save $40million on our backs.

The pundits for TeamCare on this site love to tell us how well funded it is, with a surplus.
If this is truly the case, and is forecasted by the actuarial data to remain that way, why is this annual deductible necessary?

Make no mistake, we will assume an ever increasing cost for our healthcare, instead of UPS, the company who's making it hand over fist.

Thanks H&H?

SMH
I thought the same when I first heard about it. I thought it was a way for them to get their "foot in the door" as far as deductibles go. I predict with this new contract: H&H will win and we will have annual deductibles every year of the next contract, if not something worse.

I remember my W2's line 12 dd it had a dollar amount for "Cost of Employer covered Healthcare" it was always between 15-17k a year. The first year with our Teamcare that line was under 5k I believe. Someone's saving a ton of money there. And now I have medical bills. Amazing.

10 point

I thought the same when I first heard about it. I thought it was a way for them to get their "foot in the door" as far as deductibles go. I predict with this new contract: H&H will win and we will have annual deductibles every year of the next contract, if not something worse.

I remember my W2's line 12 dd it had a dollar amount for "Cost of Employer covered Healthcare" it was always between 15-17k a year. The first year with our Teamcare that line was under 5k I believe. Someone's saving a ton of money there. And now I have medical bills. Amazing.
The first year was only about 7-8 months(?) of TeamCare. 4-5 months of the plan you had prior to the ratification of the CBA. Not sure what you're reading.