So you are retired, you gonna take the covid shot?

rod

Retired 22 years
Texas will open up (according to the Governor) 100% in the next few days. No masks - no businesses closed- no limits on how many can gather together. One of my daughters friends has tried repeatedly to make an appointment to tour the Capitol building like they did before Covid but has been told repeatedly that they don't know if that will be opened to the public because of Covid. WTF -- So its not open 100%?

raceanoncr

Thinking maybe not. Never had flu shot, ever. Dr wants me to take Pneumonia shot, Shingles shot. I ain't morally or religiously opposed to any, I just don't get sick in these ways and am careful as to what I do now or where I go or who I associate with.

rod

Retired 22 years
Thinking maybe not. Never had flu shot, ever. Dr wants me to take Pneumonia shot, Shingles shot. I ain't morally or religiously opposed to any, I just don't get sick in these ways and am careful as to what I do now or where I go or who I associate with.
so you are afraid of needles? :-)

Shiftless

I tell you what---if you ever get Shingles you will wish you had taken the shot.
I'm with Rod!!!!!!!!!!! Get the Shingrix SHOT NOW!

I have a friend who is Hawaiian and was a very good looking guy! Girls throw them selves at him. The older he got the peppered hair look started and they threw themselves even harder at him!

BUT!

He got a case of shingles on his face! Right down the middle! You could not draw a line straighter if you tried. He was out of work for 4 or 5 months. If someone walked by him the hallway at home while he was recovering the wind on those open nerves would send him to the MOON! Couldn't sleep on that side of his face! Then the worst part set in. All that pigment on that side of his face turn all whitish and pink
with edges of dark Hawaiian skin. friend-ing CRAZY!

Shiftless

Besides getting the Shingrix shot! Get the Pneumococcal shot TOO!

I have a friend right now he is 71 and has been in the local hospital. This is day 16. His wife has only been allowed to see him 1 time due to covid BS restrictions. HE DOES NOT HAVE COVID! He has pneumonia now and they intubated him and have him strapped down in his bed Based on last nights report he probably isn't going to make it.

My 2 cents? Get the BOTH SHOT'S!

rod

Retired 22 years
Besides getting the Shingrix shot! Get the Pneumococcal shot TOO!

I have a friend right now he is 71 and has been in the local hospital. This is day 16. His wife has only been allowed to see him 1 time due to covid BS restrictions. HE DOES NOT HAVE COVID! He has pneumonia now and they intubated him and have him strapped down in his bed Based on last nights report he probably isn't going to make it.

My 2 cents? Get the BOTH SHOT'S!
Get them all

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
and they was all well-tested vaccines not the guinea pig stuff you chumps are taken right now little words approved for emergency use only mean anything to you?

They were not “well-tested” when first released. And all three present vaccines went through clinical trials.

If you don’t want it, fine. Just a dose for someone else.

They were not “well-tested” when first released. And all three present vaccines went through clinical trials.

If you don’t want it, fine. Just a dose for someone else.
Yeah they went through test for a couple of months.....
But as long as you feel safe that's all that matters worry about the side effects later

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Got the second shot Friday and felt kind of bad yesterday . I woke up this morning feeling great.I had a pretty bad case of the rona over Christmas .I wouldn't wish that on anybody and see no reason why you shouldn't get the vaccine.